ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 NCRS for ZR-1s

Old 08-09-2018   #1
precast1

Default WTB A-Mold Wheels

Would like to purchase a high quality set of A-Mold wheels have not been able to find any for sale. Does anyone make a structurally sound set of reproduction A-Molds. I have a low mileage 1990 and don't want to unmount the original Gatorbacks. Thinking A-Molds with Toyo 888R tires stock sizes.

Plan on having the car judged in the next few months at a chapter meet fix whatever is wrong and then have it judged at a regional meet. After that I just want to drive it to get my money invested back in fun times behind the wheel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sent from my SM-T280 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

Last edited by precast1; 08-13-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Wrong Name for Wheels
precast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018   #2
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: WTB A Mod Wheels

A-Molds
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018   #3
precast1

Default Re: WTB A-Mold Wheels

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

Last edited by precast1; 08-13-2018 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Wrong Name for Wheels
Old 08-12-2018   #4
Demps

I have a set of chrome ones with sensors from a '91 (don't know working condition) with good tread but old GY GSD3s.

I put them on a car to save the originals like you are planning. Not really wanting to sell as I'm going to put Nittos on them but..,

Ted
Demps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018   #5
precast1

Thank you Ted I would like an original set of A Molds but can live with a quality set of after market. If you decide you want to sell yours let me know the cost. Thank you for the help.

Last edited by precast1; 08-13-2018 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Wrong Name for Wheels
Old 08-12-2018   #6
precast1

Which Nitto tires are best as I'm not sure what to put on the car don't care much about tread wear as I won't be putting on many miles per year.

Last edited by precast1; 08-13-2018 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Wrong Name for Wheels
Old 08-12-2018   #7
Demps

Boy, this has potential for a can of worms but here's my experience.

I am really enjoying the 555G2s on stock and bolt on cars. The 555 DRs are decent on modified cars but any tire has tough work to hook there.

Like you, I will rarely (minus the track) wear a set of tires out. The price of the Nittos coupled with performance is hard to beat if you're only driving.

Ted
Demps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018   #8
precast1

Thank you Ted I have had a hard time getting any recommendations. I appreciate yours.

Last edited by precast1; 08-13-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Wrong Name for Wheels
Old 08-31-2018   #9
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by precast1 View Post
Thank you Ted I have had a hard time getting any recommendations. I appreciate yours.

You are all over the place with your posts. Your intro post was in Brett's 1988 restoration thread... Pay attention to where you post and you may get better results.

You aren't looking for NCRS as you're putting these on a 1990 and you don't care if they are OEM or not. This post would have had more visibility in the for sale section.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018   #10
precast1

Thank you for your help.