ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-14-2023   #1
rufcar

Default 1990 frame sensor

I have that silly info and seat belt light problem. I read all the articles and so did my mechanic friend who after he did my AC I had him do that, He tried to cancel it out with the jumper wire dozens of times. He even tried using the OBD1 scan tool . Today a bought a NOS one on ebay. Without hunting does anyone know where the plug is on the passenger inside after it goes through the fire wall? Tkx Jim F
rufcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023   #2
rufcar

Default Re: 1990 frame sensor

another question I answered LOL Looks like you remove the lower plastic panel below the glove box and after it comes through the firewall it plugs in there. I will report back when the new sensor gets here and I install it.
Old 04-16-2023   #3
mlipmd

The timing to reset the light has to be EXACT, +/- 1/2 sec., or it won't work, no matter how many times you attempt it. It's unlikely the sensor is at fault, and if you do replace it, you will have the same problem resetting the light if the timing is off.
You cleaned off/sanded the contact surfaces and used a conductive grease (like NO-OX-ID, NOT dielectric grease) to insure a good contact, right? Or do you want to do that again?
And you know there are two sensors, one on each side, and you pulled the codes to get the correct one, right?
Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure you know how to replace the correct sensor in the correct way.
Also, if you have done that absolutely perfectly and the light won't reset, less likely, it could also be the yellow airbag connector behind the carpet to the left of the clutch pedal that has to be cleaned. You must disconnect the battery before taking that apart or you might set off the airbag in your face.

Last edited by mlipmd; 04-16-2023 at 05:36 PM.
mlipmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023   #4
rufcar

yes to all your questions. I bought the NOS part just in case. Whenever I see NOS parts that are NLA for any of my cars, I buy the parts. Once its here I will do it all again. Thanks for your help. Ill report the results. Jim
Old 06-27-2023   #5
rufcar

UPDATE: The codes said right sensor. Once taken care of the light were still on. I removed the left sensor and the bottom and the surrounding ground wires looked bad. The bottom of the sensor was covered with thick black tar. Cleaned and re-grounded it all. Using an wire with a ciip I was able to clear the codes and all is well? Tkx for all the instructions!
Old 06-29-2023   #6
mlipmd

Hooray, glad you got it fixed.
mlipmd is offline   Reply With Quote