ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-25-2014   #191
Dynomite

Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Why would this be posted in THE MEMBERS ONLY section?Seems to me this idea could use as much exposure as possible,meaning anybody could see it.You guys amaze the piss out of me,ya really do.Ill make my donation directly to the Museum.
I concur
Lets keep this on the open forum so we can all participate
Either directly or indirectly through the paid membership (Members Money) or even a special fund of support.

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-25-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #192
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Why would this be posted in THE MEMBERS ONLY section?Seems to me this idea could use as much exposure as possible,meaning anybody could see it.You guys amaze the piss out of me,ya really do.Ill make my donation directly to the Museum.
Well, as a non-member, you're certainly free to donate to the NCM on your own, of course. However, if we're talking about the Registry club making a contribution, then understand the Registry is a formal club and the Board of Directors serves at the pleasure of the Members. It's their money, so certainly they are entitled to have a say - as members - on how the Registry spends their money.

The Registry provides this forum at the member's expense, free of charge to NON-MEMBERS like you. And, you're welcome to post on our FREE forums, as long as you abide by the forum rules; nothing preventing you from opening a discussion yourself.

However, short of preventing anyone from discussing this on the General forum as well, if it is OK with you, may I please suggest a discussion among my "constituent members" inviting them to a discussion of ideas having to do especially with Registry financial matters, without you're being "pissed". Otherwise, I don't think I could bear it.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by Paul Workman; 02-26-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #194
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Well, as a non-member, you're certainly free to donate to the NCM on your own, of course. However, if we're talking about the Registry club making a contribution, then understand the Registry is a formal club and the Board of Directors serves at the pleasure of the Members. It's their money, so certainly they are entitled to have a say - as members - on how the Registry spends their money.

The Registry provides this forum at the member's expense, free of charge to NON-MEMBERS like you. And, you're welcome to post on our FREE forums, as long as you abide by the forum rules; nothing preventing you from opening a discussion yourself.

However, short of preventing anyone from discussing this on the General forum as well, if it is OK with you, may I please suggest a discussion among my "constituent members" inviting them to a discussion of ideas having to do especially with Registry financial matters, without you're being "pissed". Otherwise, I don't think I could bear it.
You do what you want...........you guys pretty much do what you want anyway.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #195
Schrade

Funny that there's some disagreement here - I've wondered if there will be litigation between NCM, inscos, and lost cars' owners (were any of the cars POV's? )...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #196
efnfast

Sounds like you guys are talking about two different donations.
One that would be "hey guys pony up if you like"
One that would come from the registry coffers.
One that comes form the registries coffers should certainly come from the voice of the members.

Schrade, six of the cars were owned by the museum, and two by GM.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #197
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Sounds like you guys are talking about two different donations.
One that would be "hey guys pony up if you like"
One that would come from the registry coffers.
One that comes form the registries coffers should certainly come from the voice of the members.

Schrade, six of the cars were owned by the museum, and two by GM.
Exactly..........actually 4 types of DONATIONS but ALL for one cause. Kind of like contributing to this Forum which there are many ways

One..... a special fund were we can All Contribute as Paying and Non Paying Members.
Two..... Joining the Membership of the Museum.
Three..... having the Club contribute using Paid Membership Funds.
Four..... Contributing directly to the Museum.
CF set up an option for an Identifier Tag for members that contribute directly to the Museum.
If you want to be a part of the Restoration, here are some ways to do that

I just do not see that sink hole being filled but could be wrong on that also.

I also think this accident sent a message to everyone in that area (Bowling Green, Kentucky) that anyone could be next which is also of economic concern.

Display of Corvettes BEFORE restoration

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-26-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-26-2014   #198
efnfast

We also need to wait and see how much of this is covered by insurance.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #199
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
We also need to wait and see how much of this is covered by insurance.
There does exist Sink Hole Insurance (if the Museum has that insurance).....but for structural damage and not repairing the sink hole itself.
See Post #9 If you want to be a part of the Restoration, here are some ways to do that

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-26-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-26-2014   #200
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
The Dark Green is my editing additions for ya as I assume you have the same Forum Rules in the Members Only Section

And NON-MEMBERS LIKE Dynomite....who does what??? .....Oh forget it........... It is too complicated.....
hmm

If you want to be a part of the Restoration, here are some ways to do that

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM MEMBER

MAKE A DIRECT DONATION TO THE MUSEUM
Jeeeeze... guys! As Brett often reminds us, "Its just a car club!" I think we're in violent agreement here! I was just responding to ghlkal's question regarding what thoughts the Directors have on the NCM donation subject. By Directors, I assumed the question wasn't soliciting personal comments from individual directors like me, but asking more along the lines of what an official response involving the Registry (members) should be. There is a big difference, but not everyone (obviously) understands that.

The Mission Statement for the ZR-1 Net Registry club is "Keeping the Legend Alive". There are formal goals and objectives and dues collected to cover expenses (such as licenses, fees, event promotions (e.g., drag racing at Bowling Green) trophies, event sponsorships, BG gathering (a biggie), etc. and funds are budgeted; ALL in the name of providing the most fun from owning the ZR-1 as possible. There are 9 members on the Board of Directors that volunteer 100s of hours of their time to promote the enjoyment of the club for the members in ways most have no idea; some very visible things such as group purchases, locating supporting vendors and getting member discounts, gathering material and producing a news letter, membership recruiting, financial accounting and reporting, record keeping, etc.

So... When "chit happens" (or sink holes as the case may be) where club resources might be diverted from "Keeping the (ZR-1) Legend Alive", and priorities/budgets that are already in place have to be compromised to accommodate the emergency, MEMBERS have a say in how their club resources are used. That's all.

Individual's, members and non-members alike have good ideas and do a lot to support the hobby; yourself especially, Cliff. This place wouldn't be the great place it is without that kind of support to fellow Z nuts. That's the reason the forums are open to the public at no charge to members and non-members alike.

But, some are oblivious to how their bread gets buttered, and become petulant at the first sign of things that don't go exactly as they wish.

Dealing with organizations is often frustrating at times, boy-yo-boy (don't get me started!). We can respectfully disagree as adults anytime. But, as soon as someone starts getting derogatory, Forum Rule #5 (among others) kicks in - my meaning in bringing it up... I'd rather be hearing some ideas on how to raise a good amount toward the Museum and promote the Mission of the ZR-1 community at the same time than dealing with "pissy" (spelled with an "I", Cliff...I know you!)

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote