join me? Phillip, can I talk you into it again? California and
Las Vegas owners? Others? Think of it as the Texas Mile West
on a runway.

Last edited by tf95ZR1; 02-01-2014 at 03:28 AM. Reason: wanted 2
tf95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #2
PhillipsLT5

Default Re: Mojave Mile April 12/13 2014

Now I am being encouraged by you & the local guys here, hmmm?
They do a Great job, safe, fun, it is there Only event of the year!
Glad you are recharged with permagrin
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #3
ZRapid-1

This Mojave Mile looks like a perfect event for our ZR-1s.
Wish there were something like it in the Northeast.
ZRapid-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #4
PhillipsLT5

Mark your calendar for April 12-13, 2014 for the 7th running of the Mojave Mile! Here's your chance to let it rip for almost 30 seconds of foot-to-the-floor excitement every run! As always, we have classes open for every kind of car and bike, from street-legal to full-out racers, precision laser timing traps, the best safety crew/safety record in the business, and the best staff around to help you get on and through the grid. If you have never run this event before, this will be your only chance in 2014. We will not be running an October event, so don't miss out. As always, we will have a fuel seller there and a great caterer, Red House BBQ from Tehachapi, who will serve breakfast and lunch all weekend.

We are announcing one major policy change for this year: We are eliminating the “reserved grid spot” policy on Saturday for the 2-day registrants. Saturday will now be run just like Sunday, with first-come, first-served access to the grid when it is opened for racing. This change was made because Saturday-only racers were not getting their fair share of runs, as Saturdays always have the larger grid count of the two days. Sunday has always had a lower racer count than Saturday, so if you are coming for one day only and want the max number of runs, come on Sunday if you can. We would also like to point out that if you are planning to arrive on the day you will be racing, and therefore have to complete your Tech Inspection that morning, it is unlikely that you will get your first run in before 10 AM. Why? Because everyone who came in the night before to Register and Tech are all ready to race, with all of the stickers and wristbands needed to get onto the Grid, and these racers will fill the Grid before you finish with Tech. PLEASE make plans if at all possible to arrive the day before you race in order to not be disappointed. Remember too, that events beyond our control can slow or stop runs for the day, such as aircraft traffic we must wait for, or, (hopefully not) an accident or incident on course. So, the sooner you are Registered and Teched, the sooner you can run and the more runs you will get.

For our veterans, there are virtually no rule changes since last year. There is one key update regarding the labeling of auto race suits, which deletes the references to "3.2A/3" suits. These suits are no longer produced, and the rule clarification explains that in order to qualify as a Class "B" Driver (175-200 mph), you must wear either a 3.2A/1 (single-layer) suit plus nomex/Carbon-X long underwear, OR a 3.2A/5 suit. To qualify as a Class “A” Driver (200-230 mph), a 3.2A/5 suit is the minimum and a 3/2A/1 suit is not allowed. PLEASE reference the section of the Rule Book for the speed class you want to drive in for complete information. Please also note that this change is only for the DRIVER qualifications, not your car Tech requirements.

Our online Registration for this event is open now at http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...1#.UxEC6WeYaUk. If you have already registered, great! If not, tell your friends!

For a list of Rules and Requirements to get registered and pass our Tech Inspection, go our Rule Book link on our website: http://www.mojavemile.com/index.php?...d=10&Itemid=11. There, you will find all the links to the information you need. In particular, check out the Car and Bike Preparation Guides, which will help you and answer many questions.
The Grid is filling up, with over 70 entrants already! Get registered now and come have a great time with us in April!

Mike Borders

General Manager

MKM Racing Promotions, LLC
Old 03-02-2014   #5
tf95ZR1

So does that mean "YES"?

Old 04-19-2014   #6
tf95ZR1

Y'all missed a GREAT time!
171.6!
Old 04-19-2014   #7
PhillipsLT5

I know I missed it & still king myself, that hurts, GREAT RUN!
To give you all a idea, My best run was 169.7 with 422 RWHP
Old 04-20-2014   #8
tf95ZR1

I have/know some tricks........