Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > East Central Region

Old 07-02-2014   #11
XfireZ51

Default Re: Mercury Marine Invitation to the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Anything new on this Dom?? --Bob
Bob,

Actually there is. Although the open house is not happening, the Registry is being invited up to MM for a private tour and get together w them. Here is the email from Rick Mackie. This is exciting! We really want to have some numbers for this. I would love to have 15-20 if we could do that. Anyone from Wisconsin, MN, or Michigan or anyone else who wants to come? Nice ride up from Chicago.

"We're open anytime in August. The manufacturing floor will still be on summer hours which means production goes until 4 pm Mon-Thurs and 10:30 a.m. Friday. If we planned this correctly - we could get the plant involved and have a mini car show with a BBQ lunch deal tied in with the tour. The museum visit could be prior or after the plant tour. I still haven't made the trek to the museum myself. I'll get to that soon and get you the VIN.

Rick

Rick Mackie
Mercury Racing
Senior Marketing Manager
rmackie@mercmarine.com
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014   #12
WARP TEN

Default Re: Mercury Marine Invitation to the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Bob,

Actually there is. Although the open house is not happening, the Registry is being invited up to MM for a private tour and get together w them. Here is the email from Rick Mackie. This is exciting! We really want to have some numbers for this. I would love to have 15-20 if we could do that. Anyone from Wisconsin, MN, or Michigan or anyone else who wants to come? Nice ride up from Chicago.

"We're open anytime in August. The manufacturing floor will still be on summer hours which means production goes until 4 pm Mon-Thurs and 10:30 a.m. Friday. If we planned this correctly - we could get the plant involved and have a mini car show with a BBQ lunch deal tied in with the tour. The museum visit could be prior or after the plant tour. I still haven't made the trek to the museum myself. I'll get to that soon and get you the VIN.

Rick

Rick Mackie
Mercury Racing
Senior Marketing Manager
rmackie@mercmarine.com
That would be great. Looks like it needs to be during the week, which is fine with me but don't know about others. It would be nice to get others from neighboring states to come. Probably plenty of hotels available nearby that Mercury could recommend for any coming longer distances. I would enjoy seeing the factory. Keep us posted. -Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote