ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Technical Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2013   #8
Hog

Default Re: Opinions on this 1990 Lingenfelter Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgg View Post
I think what is really cool is the one off intake. It appears to be a combination of a "super ram & mini-ram" all in one. It definately is a one off item and obviously works well. I would also assume that it is not a hydraulic roller engine. If the car truly can use its 8000 rpm I doubt it is and will need occasional adjustments if it is solid. Really cool car with great performance . Definately would be a sleeper. Another example of just how good L98s can be. I love my ZR-1 but I love my 90 L98 as well and it has proven to be an excellent / reliable race car. Some might have a hard time with the price being an L98 but when you smoke some guy in a a new Z06 it becomes priceless.
that is a cool intake, and totally :Lingenfelter custom as GM doesnt support the intake manifold or rocker arms, they rely on the aftermarket to supply these parts for the "splayed valve" heads as the intake ports are unique as the runners arent in pairs. The intake and exhaust runners are seperate unlike conventional SBC. Exhaust ports are spaced similar to LT5 seperate exhaust runners.

Here is a little illustration that shows the valve angles for the heads on this car.

This arrangement is similar to the canted valves found on the BBC. This allows for minimum intake valves of 2.20" without valve shrouding from te cylinder wall.

The cam is a solid roller Lingenfelter grind. Lingenfelter is saying that the grind is custom though. I'm guessing its their 236º/244º 0.590"/0.590" on a 112º, but I cant confirm. If it is its leaving a lot of power on the table.
These heads allow for big flow numbers, on par for high flow ported 4 valve LT5 heads. Lots of power at high rpm, but low rpm torque is probably lacking, but the 400 cubes would help a bit along with the manual trans and 3.90 gears. The headers are Lingenfelter custom made and the exhaust is Borla.

Interesting setup for sure.

peace
Hog
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote