ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014   #11
Schrade

Default Re: Sagging headliner ... (snappics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
I shot the underside of my top with black Zolotone 20-06,looks better than anything else you could possibly do or use.I think so anyway.
YiKEs! $50 / QT!

Got any snappics there Jeff? Does it offer any sound absorption at all?

I like the Suede, but I don't particularly like the new Splash image...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 07-29-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2014   #12
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I like the Suede, but I don't particularly like the new Splash image...
I have three more on the way from Robert. Robert just let me know the other day that his source is re-digitizing the Red Splash to look even better than it does now.........if that is possible

I like the current Red Splash Size, Color and Text Type but Robert is somehow going to improve on what is already perfect

I installed the New Headliner just a bit crooked as I now notice....but trust me...when you look at it from an open door it looks perfectly aligned

Old 06-29-2014   #13
cvette98pacecar

The Custom headliners are now available for all members in the Registry Store.

Here is a quick link.

http://zr1netregistry.com/Marketplac...7/Default.aspx

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
Old 06-29-2014   #14
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
The Custom headliners are now available for all members in the Registry Store.

Here is a quick link.

http://zr1netregistry.com/Marketplac...7/Default.aspx
Is the OEM-style 'ZR-1' available LARGE?

I'm just not liking the new style...

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 06-29-2014   #15
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Is the OEM-style 'ZR-1' available LARGE?

I'm just not liking the new style...

That is a good idea. I am sure we can get it done. Let me find out how much it is going to cost.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
Old 06-30-2014   #16
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
How about this one?
Love it
Old 06-30-2014   #17
USAZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
But still thinking I will glue them on with Red ZR-1 in front so you can read them looking through the door/windows
I like that idea,too. How hard is it to change out a headliner?
1994 ZR-1 White/Red #152 (sold)
1991 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody #1332 (sold)
1990 ZR-1 Red/Red #952 (sold)
2002 Z06 Torch Red/Mod Red widebody
Old 06-30-2014   #18
Dynomite

It was super easy on first one as foam came out perfectly without damage. Then using headliner glue from oreillys. Glued and cut extra all around so could be folded under. Popped headliner with original foam in place. No glue on foam. Fit tight and snug. Will try a couple more today

Just popped two Headlines out today....got it started on rear edge and then slipped hand under hard foam lightly pushing further under Headliner foam. Gradually the foam headliner popped from the edges without any failures. The old Headliner with foam came out perfectly (one was originally not glued). Now simple to install new Headliner on original rigid foam and pop Original Foam with New Headliner back in place tucking New Headliner in under Original Foam as I pop foam in place.

Maybe Too Many Foams and Too Many Pops but you get the idea

Last edited by Dynomite; 06-30-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2014   #19
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson007 View Post
Thanks Paul ,
I checked the merchandise page and did not see the ZR1 liner. My liner is only pulled away from the foam about 3" along the side. How were you able to tuck in the liner with the foam still in place? I tried using a plastic spreader to push it in, but could not get it tight enough. That' why I was going to remove the foam.
Thanks Again,
Nelson

QUOTE=Paul Workman;206463]Hi Nelson!

I bought the "kit" from Midamerica to re upholster mine. However, I believe that Robert DeMarco has some headliners with the ZR-1 script on them which you might prefer (maybe available too at the Registry Store, come to think of it!).

My foam was in good shape so I didn't have to remove/replace it.

Hint: There seems to be a "window" for contact type glues where timing is "just right" to press the two pieces together. Too early is almost as bad as too late, I find. And, many times, especially when working on larger areas like carpet (or the headliner too, in my case), the window is missed and pressing the surfaces together after that and the result is definitely left wanting. Furthermore, removing the pieces to start over can result in a poor to disastrous result.

The solution is simple enough - recommended by the auto body supply store owner I know: just spray another coat to one of the surfaces (the foam) and w/o waiting for it to get tacky, immediately press the pieces together. Not only with the bond be good, but you might be able to work with the pieces - adjust the fit a little whereas w/o the third coat adjustment is nearly impossible.

(The 3M Weather Stripping Adhesive is one example of a glue that sets up so fast that one can easily miss the window for best results. But, using this hint made all the difference in the world; not only on the headliner, but reapplying the emblems after the car was painted.)

Good luck, buddy!

PS: Far as the headliner coming off during the "Tail of the Dragon" run, it's ALL Robert or GUNNY'S fault. Shoulda known those switchbacks would cause stuff to come loose and they shoulda warned us! LOL!
[/QUOTE]

The replacement material (MidAmerica) was ample enough to leave an inch or so extra around the boarder. So, I was able to push the material under using a pair of thin-bladed putty knives (rounded the corners to prevent tearing the fabric). From beginning to end, it took about an hour and a bit. Came out perfect!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 06-30-2014   #20
Mystic ZR-1

MR2 - Tail of the Dragon etc.
Paul
So that's what it was drapped over your head.
When I was following you thru the twisties I thought you
just put up the hood on your hoodie???
Doug.
Closed Thread