Flowmaster 45 15.10%
Borla 39 13.09%
Power Effects 19 6.38%
MagnaFlow 3 1.01%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2005   #41
zesstey1

Default Re: Best Sounding Exhaust for the ZR-1

My 91 Z has Borla 3 inch pipe straight back from cats sounds great I made my own hangers to get square tips up in the openings where they should be and inside its not to loud until you mash the gas.
zesstey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #42
NJZR1

I loved the Borla mufflers on my LT1, loved that sound. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't like when you can see the mufflers hanging down from the side view of the car, like Magnaflows. The Borlas are rather flat,they seemed to tuck up underneath, and didn't show much.

I'd love to get a nice sound on the ZR1 eventually, stock OK for now.

BUT, I would like a high pitch at WOT, almost like a sportbike! ( I hear alot of C5's like that, wondering what system that is???)

I kind of enjoy the higher pitched sound, versus a low , throaty sound. (Guess I should own a Honda VTEC, huh?)

Last edited by NJZR1; 11-11-2005 at 05:31 PM.
NJZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #43
Patton

Actually I agree with you on the sound. I like the higher F1-sounding engine note rather than a sloppy old big block effect. I don't know of any system that goes that route at all. the stock is as close as I've heard and its just to damn quiet. sounds great inside the cabin though.
Old 11-11-2005   #44
95ZR1#418

Hands down, it's B&B w/ X-pipe & headers.....

[IMG]http://www.axoplasmic.com/800x600/toponzr1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.axoplasmic.com/800x600/topoffzr1.jpg[/IMG][URL="http://axoplasmic.com/AXOPLASMIC/ZR1.html"]My '95 ZR-1 Home Page[/URL]
95ZR1#418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #45
Aurora40

To me, Corsa has that slightly high-pitched racing-motor sound. I'm not sure if it's what I want on my car, I like the mellower lower notes a little, but listen to some of the clips and videos Jeffvette has. His car sounds like a freaking race motor, it's great sounding.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #46
NJZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
To me, Corsa has that slightly high-pitched racing-motor sound. I'm not sure if it's what I want on my car, I like the mellower lower notes a little, but listen to some of the clips and videos Jeffvette has. His car sounds like a freaking race motor, it's great sounding.
Yours sounds great for stock, like I was saying!!

Gotta check out Jeffvette's vids. I love that higher pitched sounds, rather than the low muscle car sound, after all, I am a big F1 fan as, to, lets say Nascar!! (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
NJZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #47
cuisinartvette

This one makes me drool...Watch for Jeff about 5:40 into the vid. Wails as it accelerates and growls when it decelerates. This car chews with its mouth open and laughs about it.

http://www.pnwzr1.net/Jeff/Session1.wmv
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #48
buddyboy

My vote goes to Corsa. My wife could not stand the constant noise of the B&B and most of the others. Remember, a happy wife is a happy life.

1992 ZR-1 #330 White/white
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #49
ShawnZR-1

I was happy with my Corsa's before I put the headers on....now I'm absolutely THRILLED! I love the sound as it crests 5K RPM and it sounds wicked at 7K!!!

1991 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
ShawnZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #50
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJZR1
Yours sounds great for stock, like I was saying!!

Gotta check out Jeffvette's vids. I love that higher pitched sounds, rather than the low muscle car sound, after all, I am a big F1 fan as, to, lets say Nascar!! (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
Jeff had/has a video of his car, but I always had a hell of a time playing it. It's like a 120MB .avi file that is only about 20 seconds long. My comp would stutter like mad. So I extracted the audio only. Hopefully he doesn't mind. It's his car on a road, and he basically just accelerates away from the camera:

http://members.aol.com/corvettezr119...eff_Vett_1.mpg

That track video mentioned earlier is cool too. It totally sounds like a race car is sharing the track with that C5 (6?).

My car is too quiet. I'll be addressing it eventually with some headers. Then I'll have to pick an exhaust. I like Corsa, but I don't know if it's the sound I want. I also think flashy tips don't look right on the 1990. I'd prefer something black, or maybe non-polished stainless. I do wonder if I could have Corsa powdercoat the tips or something. They do that for some of their marine parts, so they have the capability.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Aurora40; 11-15-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote