ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-07-2015   #1
edram454

Default barrett jackson reno auction today

I just saw a 1990 ZR-1 red with black interior and 23k miles sell for $29,000. The only mod it had were the stock wheels were chrome plated. Seems like a ton of money for a 23k mile stocker. FYI, I just drove my ZR-1 8 hours over to South Georgia Corvette to have some work done and I averaged driving at 75MPH 24.5 miles per gallon. The car ran flawlessly and even used the cruise control which I had never used. It rained so I used the a/c and the car did not leak either. I drove it 520 miles and that is 300 miles more than I drove it the last 2 years. Aaron has a great shop and a boat load of knowledge.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015   #2
edram454

Default Re: barrett jackson reno auction today

Just saw another zr-1 1991 red on red couple with 31.5k miles sell for $31,900 which includes buyers commission. Only mod is corsa exhaust. Dont these prices seem high all of a sudden?? comments...

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
Old 08-07-2015   #3
Kevin

the 90 had an aftermarket exhaust too
Old 08-07-2015   #4
Mystic ZR-1

Maybe the tide's finally coming back in?
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015   #5
Vette73

Seems high to me,but then again the buyers at Barrett Jackson I feel have more disposable income than say the buyers at Mecum..
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015   #6
ZRXMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
Seems high to me,but then again the buyers at Barrett Jackson I feel have more disposable income than say the buyers at Mecum..
The prices I saw at Mecum were average to low imho market wise on all kinds of cars. Some of the custom rotisserie resto stuff was dirt cheap or didn't sell.
91 ZR-1 #661 Watsons, 3" exhaust, Borlas... Hurst, 4.11s, Samco, RD radiator, gel coated motor... turquise / black
ZRXMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015   #7
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
Seems high? Maybe the market is finally going in the right direction?
ZR-1s are seriously under valued...
Someday the world will come to their senses.
If only ZR-1ers would hold to their guns and quit giving them away when
it comes time to move on.
We're our own worst enemy...
Remember: All other Corvettes have only one cam!
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015   #8
edram454

I feel that these Barrett Jackson prices are very high. It doesnt follow current market trends on the lt5 zr1 at all. I have seen gems sell for 20-25k that are worth much more than that. These two cars are run of the mill stockers with miles hitting high twenties and low thirties. I feel both those cars are 10k over there current trends.

I believe that Barrett Jackson does have a bit more of an uppity crowd but I have also seen zr1's like the ones sell yesterday sell in the low twenties many times. The market on our cars are all over the place. It is one of the very, very few cars today that is a classic car but with performance on par with new cars coming out now. As time goes on our cars will become more coveted and there prices will adjust accordingly.

ed ramos #3028

Old 08-08-2015   #9
XfireZ51

Maybe the BJ crowd appreciates DOHC architecture more than the Muscle Car Mecum people.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015   #10
gen2rt

I believe (hopefully) that the C4 ZR1s are finally starting to get noticed. I live in Reno. About 3 or 4 years ago I watched a white '91 with mileage in the 30K range go through the auction for $17K. (prior to B-J taking over the auction)

I looked over both the 90 and 91. they were both red/red, so that probably increased the interest level. Both had Corsa exhaust. Both reasonable mileage 24K for the 90 31K for the 91. Both seemed to have been well cared for. the 91 had some paint cracking on the rear bumper. the 90 driver seat leather looked a little rougher than I would've liked if I was bidding on it. No mods on either except the polished wheels on the 90. Neither engine had been refinished so they had that dull grey look. You could see the water spots in the 91 paint - wonder why they didn't bother getting it buffed out before bringing to auction.

I thought it was interesting that the 96 LT4 blue/white GS with red int coupe only went to $25K. The auctioneer made a point of saying only 809 of the GS coupes were made. It was actually better looking paint than either of the Zs, that's why I say I think corvette guys are beginning to appreciate the ZR-1.

I know we don't see those prices on e-bay, both cars sold at $29K and that doesn't include the 10% or whatever buyers fee. I know bidders get caught up in emotion at auctions (been there myself) but guys with this kind of money aren't stupid either, maybe they're fulfilling a wish from when they were in high school, maybe they're filling a square to add that C4 ZR-1 to their Corvette collection. It'll be interesting to watch what happens with these cars in the next 5 years.

Jack