ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Old 06-30-2015   #1
kw71

Default Entertainment & Comfort Bus

I have recently started experimenting with the E&C bus.

I am looking for more tinkerers who are interested in learning about their cars and envisioning interesting things to do with this. My vehicle is pretty basic and I reached my goal of making an aux input available by emulating a cd changer or cassette player. However you Vette owners have the cream of the crop with electronic air conditioning, better radio, and carphone so there might be additional applications that are interesting. Like a mute switch input or control of a bluetooth cellphone using the buttons on the dash. Or setting the a/c a certain way when you start the car. I know you guys can help me figure out how to remote control the radio.

(I have a BMW with a similar electronic bus, a popular customization is to turn on the heated seat and steering wheel when the remote start button was used. Also send the sequence to unlock the front video display when the car is moving (it normally blacks out) Just an example)

I do not have a 'product' but have a low cost interface (it can even be built on a breadboard with a couple transistors and resistors) that plugs into a $12 microcontroller board. Basically anyone who is adept electronics and building circuits can play with this.

If you are an electronics nerd, interested in these ideas, and have a tech2 I would be especially eager to talk to you! The tech2 can send raw E&C commands.
kw71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015   #2
gbrtng

Default Re: Entertainment & Comfort Bus

The ZR-1 and other late C4s have two modules - ECM (engine control) and CCM(central control) - which are interconnected but not in a bus sense like CAN and E&C. That came later along with the Tech 2. BTW, what carline uses the E&C bus ?
Old 08-02-2015   #3
kw71

Default Re: Entertainment & Comfort Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng View Post
BTW, what carline uses the E&C bus ?
The parts I am playing with are from a truck. A lot of GM vehicles from 1988 up to the mid 2000's used it, even if only to attach a cd-player in the lowest car models. Anything with OnStar is a candidate but various models were switched over to the class2 bus as it was phased into production. The Corvette is pretty interesting as it looks like many were ordered with a cd-player radio and GM offered a remote cassette player for these owners.
kw71 is offline   Reply With Quote