Old 12-08-2009   #1
PhillipsLT5

Default Mile Shoot Out

http://www.mojavemile.com/
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #2
Hammer

Talking Re: Mile Shoot Out

I'd really like to go to this event but can't this year as BG is happening for me. I made it to the first Gathering West and the mile event there, but only got one run.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #3
PhillipsLT5

Default Re: Mile Shoot Out

Rules are under revision, wait for latest info
Old 01-05-2010   #4
ZRXMAX

Any updates yet ?
91 ZR-1 #661 Watsons, 3" exhaust, Borlas... Hurst, 4.11s, Samco, RD radiator, gel coated motor... turquise / black
ZRXMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #5
PhillipsLT5

Yes, on website now, rules revised
Old 01-05-2010   #6
PhillipsLT5

If you are serious, read the rules, you will have a speed limit based on experience, license, safety regs, tires, etc
Any ? you can call them
To give you an idea my car ran 155 at Nellis, Aprox 1500 above sea level, very lightly moded, 4.10 gears, K&N, Haibeck chip, lowered
After Haibeck mods, 410 RWHP, it ran 166.4, close to redline in 5th
A 2008 ZO6 ran 166.5
It is really hard to gain MPH over 120 MPH, fighting wind resistance, as you can see, you need alot of power
This airport is aprox 2200 above sea level and can be windy, maybe that pushes or in your face
This will cost $ for safety regs and fees but NO TICKETS
Old 01-05-2010   #7
PhillipsLT5

I have not been to a organized race event and walked away with buyer remorse, so you should make it
Haibeck 500 package, minus alum flywheel stayed with stock and added cats, so I lost 18HP, 482 HP = 410 RWHP
Start spending some $ on safety regs
MKM put on the Nellis event
Old 02-21-2010   #8
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
MKM put on the Nellis event
MKM did not do the first two Nellis events. I was present at one they did and not impressed with their operation.
Old 01-06-2010   #9
jonszr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
What does this all mean?

"For any given run, the speed limit in effect will be the lesser of the vehicle's Speed and the competitor's License Speed. Exceeding this limit, i.e. "breaking out" may be cause for penalty or disqualification."

There is also a "Tech speed" limit imposed.

I may get there (Mohave) with my Z and find out I have a speed limit

Can I find out my License Speed and my Tech speed before I decide to go?

I may find out I can get a better run on highway 99 or highway 58 on the way over to Mohave than on the runway at Mohave

The average speed on highway 99 (group of ten cars) was 90 mph last Thur (Dec 31st) and we were passed by several cars like we were standing still

Maybe the 99 we seen on a sign was the speed limit

At Mohave there is a "trap speed" and on highway 99 there is a "speed trap"....the latter will cost you some BIG bucks but it also costs at Mohave. On highway 99 you get your top speed by radar and it will be on your ticket and I would say it is official

That official speeding ticket will be suitable for framing as you like (just like your top speed ticket at Mohave) but the purchase price might be a bit higher
i could allways take you out to the panament valley. there is a 4 mile sec on the valley floor that from time to time i go out and test things out . the elevation is -200ft . i get there a daylight and the car just flat flies . its state route `120 exactly 1/2 way to death valley . by the way who did your porting ? and did you get a chance to have the car dyno tuned afterwards ?
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #10
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonszr1 View Post
i could allways take you out to the panament valley. there is a 4 mile sec on the valley floor that from time to time i go out and test things out . the elevation is -200ft . i get there a daylight and the car just flat flies . its state route `120 exactly 1/2 way to death valley . by the way who did your porting ? and did you get a chance to have the car dyno tuned afterwards ?
Jeffvette is doing my top end porting.....I have everything in parts on the garage floor at the moment http://www.zr1netregistry.com/forum/...ad.php?t=10790

I do have my SW headers and chambered exhaust installed. I will dyno the Z after I get it back togther which should be pretty soon I think

Last edited by Dynomite; 01-06-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote