ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-25-2017   #11
Karl

Default Re: $110,000 ZR-1 hood drop w/door open

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Still wonder why nephew wouldn't buy it or Pete wouldn't at least give him a good deal. --Bob

I am guessing it is out of his price range.

It certainly is out of mine.

Guessing his uncle Pete wants as much money for the car as possible.
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017   #12
Performawheels

I've got a red/red '94 that I might be persuaded to let go for that $
Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Performawheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017   #13
George45

Ive got a red/blk with 12k i would let go for half of the $100k.

Sent from my SM-T817V using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
George45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017   #14
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
True John, when the cars first came out, especially in California. But when I first read the thread title I took it for an advertised price. Now that you mention it, it did likely relate to Uncle Pete's original purchase. Still wonder why nephew wouldn't buy it or Pete wouldn't at least give him a good deal. --Bob
And Texas and Illinois and New York. And yes always CA
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017   #15
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I have to add a little excitement to the thread!

When I had my '85 I dropped the hood and the door was open and the paint chipped slightly.
Yep as they say in myth busters "Confirmed"

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 08-25-2017   #16
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by George45 View Post
Ive got a red/blk with 12k i would let go for half of the $100k.

Sent from my SM-T817V using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Lol stand in line

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 08-26-2017   #17
Z51JEFF

I guess that's what the milk crates in the back were for. Great video,I never heard about dropping the hood with the door open. Don't know how many times I've done it.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017   #18
Bob Eyres

By the time that car was sold, in 1994 (when I bought mine) I believe they were going for sticker price, or less.
I bought mine in Nov. 94' for about 1/2 the original sticker price with 3K miles on it, practically new.
The price slide had already begun, and they were still building new ones.
Only in 90' did I actually see them offered for $110,000 at the local dealer.
Good amateur video, but still lacking the visceral thrill of driving a ZR-1. You have to put a microphone, with a windscreen on it, at the rear to get that 4 cam scream at 7k )

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017   #19
Bob Eyres

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I bought a 91' in 94' for $35K.

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote