Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #2
LGAFF

Default Re: East Central Events?

I tried to put together a track day at Blackhawk, but no interest. I am going to try some autocross this year and maybe hit blackhawk with another club.
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359

Last edited by LGAFF; 03-28-2011 at 10:09 PM.
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #3
ZR1@gmx.com

I will keep an eye out! I can head east for ZR-1 fun!
Fun 91 #303
ZR1@gmx.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011   #4
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
So Paul,

Other then our usual Pizza Nights.

What other events are you looking to have this year? if any

Depending on the events you are thinking I bet some of us can help if needed
Ah! Perfect timing! Here's a short list ...

Morris Cruise Nights: the first one in particular (in May). This has been a well attended by car clubs of all kinds. Restaurants and Pubs abound. As many as 3000 cars and trucks (even saw a semi-tractor club there last year...ya wanna talk about a lot of places to add bling!) But! very few ZR-1s. We need to fix that!! We should give that one some thought. Fairly easy to get to, especially from outside the metro area and down state.

Need to make the "Galena Loop" one weekend - taking us over near the Mississip so we can meet some of the eastern IA, and southern MN and WI brothers.

NCCC event: Jimmac and his "significant other" Marie are members of the NCCC which is hosting some road course events and Route 66 drag racing the week preceding Bloomington Gold. NCCC requires a $35 membership to participate, but it sounds like a lot of fun that morphs right into Bloomington Gold. He promised to post something on that - hopefully in the next few weeks.

Bowling Green ... haven't thought about having a special event, outside of the BG's activities. But, it seems there is an unofficial gathering every year at Bob G's motor home where Pete and Bob "hold court". Some especially good Chicago-style sausages are usually on the grill, or bring your own. Brewskies and some heavy-duty BS'n abound as well! (Frank U has been known to show up with a "wise crack" - so to speak). Looking forward to meeting some new faces as well as some familiar ones too!

Bloomington Gold: This is a biggie! Lots of Zs could potentially be there that don't usually participate so much in local outings. This event is in the heart of FBI territory, and will be a great opportunity for the gang to invite out of state "Brothers" to join us at the BG goings on at a designated parking area set aside for the ZR-1s. Look for the ZR-1 banner!

Pizza n BBQ! at the BG: The BG festivities wrap up each day at around 5:30. So, being Friday night and all, we're considering hosting the "Brothers of the Beast" at "Home Run PIzza", which is just east of St. Charles - a short hop. Would hope most of the FBI gang could be there, including some of the famous (or infamous!) heavy hitters; Kevin's and Al's 441s, Bob G's 427, along with a host of modded Zs. Then on Saturday night, it's a BBQ over at Marc Hiabeck's "Mecca" of the ZR-1s!

There is the Corvette Fun Fest hosted by Mid America at Effingham, usually in September. Nothing set up for that yet, but for sure it would afford some from down state and neighboring states to meet and greet. Any ideas?

The Crown Point Corvette Challenge: After Bloomington Gold, the crystal ball goes dark for a while, until September or October when there has been the Crown Point Corvette Challenge at the US-41 drag strip in Indiana. Considering how quick the ZR-1s are, compared to the perception of "other" Corvette drivers there, I know the Brotherhood could make a great showing - maybe even take home the traveling trophy for the club with the three best aggregates! It would be a chance to quiet some stuffy C5 and C6 drivers as Pete and Dominic have before! And, it would give some western IN and mid IL Zs a venue to meet one last time before the snow flies!

More on this later, as it has not been officially confirmed that this (will be the 4th) annual event is yet scheduled. But, it is a way off yet. Maybe in the mean time some of out IN brothers can come up with a rendezvous near there. (The question is...Will Dominic get back on the horse that threw him last year???)

Being new to the Brotherhood, I'm still becoming acquainted. And being based in IL, I don't hear about events going on in other states in the Region. So, some of you "old salts" (a nautical term of endearment) that live in the other states, let's hear about some events in your neck of the woods too! Cruise nights, Tours, or just GTGs. Let me know and I'll see how the Registry can help make it an "event" in your area.

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by Paul Workman; 03-29-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011   #5
jimmac28

Here you go Paul, the NCCC (National Council of Corvette Clubs) is having its convention in Tinley Park June 18-24 the week of Bloomington Gold. On Tuesday the 21 at Route 66 Dragway, it's having an all day event, but there is a cost, I found out the total this weekend.

You have to be a member of the NCCC $30.00, you must pay for the convention week in order to compete, $180.00 and pay for the event $60.00. There is also a two day event 22-23 at the Autobahn across the street the cost is the same; the $30.00 and $180.00 fees are one time. If you want to compete in the high speed autocross at the Autobahn, you must have a high speed license from the NCCC. Also Route 66 is a NHRA track so all rules apply.

If we have any NCCC members in the Registry that are coming to town this week please let us know it would be great to hook up. Let me know if anyone has any question Ill be working both events but I won't be competing. Jim

All info is here "NCCC" http://www.corvettesnccc.org/Conventions.html

1994 Corvette convertible Sold.

92 #178, Haibeck chip,Hawk brake's,RC injectors, B&B cat back, X-Pipe and 49th St. Rockers sold.

Last edited by jimmac28; 03-29-2011 at 07:58 AM.
jimmac28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011   #6
-=Jeff=-

Nice stack of events Paul.. great job!!
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 03-29-2011   #7
bobbyhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
So Paul,

Other then our usual Pizza Nights.

What other events are you looking to have this year? if any

Depending on the events you are thinking I bet some of us can help if needed

Don't forget about me coming down on April 23rd to pick up my car at Marc's. Wouldn't this be classified as a "big event"?? Want to get together with you guys............
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011   #8
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhi View Post
Don't forget about me coming down on April 23rd to pick up my car at Marc's. Wouldn't this be classified as a "big event"?? Want to get together with you guys............
Not forgotten

My son has a Soccer game at 10:15 but after the game I will meet up with you guys
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 03-29-2011   #9
Brillo1990

Hey Let me know when you decide on a date to hook up for the Galena loop I'm in for that, I could take you on some nice Wisconsin roads up around Boscobel ect.. I may also be going over to Tinley if I have any money left after going to South Dakota the week before Tinley since I did join NCCC.
Brillo1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011   #10
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillo1990 View Post
Hey Let me know when you decide on a date to hook up for the Galena loop I'm in for that, I could take you on some nice Wisconsin roads up around Boscobel ect.. I may also be going over to Tinley if I have any money left after going to South Dakota the week before Tinley since I did join NCCC.
Sounds like a lot of fun! Sort of thinking of a day trip, winding up in Galena in mid to later afternoon, taking in the sights, and some dinner, spending the night and then picking a nice day trip route home. Going up into WI sounds perfect!

Have to put this one on the stove and see what comes to boil!!

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote