ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-09-2012   #1
vilant

Default Painted top vin #

Did the painted tops for our cars come w/ a vin #? I found the vin on the acrylic, but I can't find it on either of the 2 painted tops I have.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
vilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #2
Hammer

Talking Re: Painted top vin #

Neither of mine had the VIN stamped on them.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #3
ZONER 95

Default Re: Painted top vin #

Just the acrylic, if its original to the car....
95 ZR-1 #178
Black/Beige
Dunn Heads
ZONER 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #4
vinsZR-1

Look on the left front corner of the frame, if it is an original factory top it should have the same last 8 numbers as your vin number on the dash.

#1966 red/red
Old 10-10-2012   #5
Mystic ZR-1

Did all clear tops have the VIN etched on them?
I've heard it both ways?
Mystic ZR-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #6
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilant View Post
Did the painted tops for our cars come w/ a vin #? I found the vin on the acrylic, but I can't find it on either of the 2 painted tops I have.
I have two 91s, a ZR-1 and an L98 - both cars have the original two tops and all 4 tops have the rightmost 7 or 8 digits of the VIN stamped in the LH side of the frame above the header.
Old 10-10-2012   #7
vilant

The clear top is original, the VIN's match. But the 2 painted tops don't have a VIN. My concern is I want to sell one of the tops, but I don't want to sell the original. One of tops is pristine (I believe the PO said that was the original) and the other has sagging headliner and a couple light scratches. But there's no way for me really tell which is the original. Your 91's may have the VIN on all 4, but is that the case for 90's? And was having the VIN on the tops an option, like having your glass laser etched w/ the VIN. Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 10-10-2012   #8
4CAM LT5

I have a 1991 Z...#00318. It came with the RPO C2L Dual Removable Roof Panels (noted on original window sticker). However, I can find only the stampings "CORVETTE" and "MADE IN USA" on both roof panels. I believe both panels to be original to the car...but who knows. They are in perfect condition, anyway. The transparent panel still has the stickers with the "heat warning" on the inside leading-edge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Red]1991 ZR-1 #318 -- SOLD 3/28/2013[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
White / Red Leather / Bone Stock / Two Tops / Goodyear Eagle GS-D3's

[I][B]The "Past Collection"... [/B][/I]
2004 [COLOR=DimGray]MSG Coupe [/COLOR][I](Sold)[/I]
[I]1996 [COLOR=SlateGray]Collector Edition Convertible / LT4 [/COLOR](Sold)
1989 Triple Black Coupe (Sold)
1991 [COLOR=Blue]Quasar Blue Convertible [/COLOR](Sold)[/I]
4CAM LT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #9
vilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CAM LT5 View Post
I have a 1991 Z...#00318. It came with the RPO C2L Dual Removable Roof Panels (noted on original window sticker). However, I can find only the stampings "CORVETTE" and "MADE IN USA" on both roof panels.
That's exactly what my two painted tops say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CAM LT5 View Post
I believe both panels to be original to the car...but who knows. They are in perfect condition, anyway. The transparent panel still has the stickers with the "heat warning" on the inside leading-edge.
Lol, mine still has the warning stickers on it too. I guess it should be OK then to sell the one, since there's no way to differentiate. Thanks
Old 10-10-2012   #10
mike100

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilant View Post
The clear top is original, the VIN's match. But the 2 painted tops don't have a VIN. My concern is I want to sell one of the tops, but I don't want to sell the original. One of tops is pristine (I believe the PO said that was the original) and the other has sagging headliner and a couple light scratches. But there's no way for me really tell which is the original. Your 91's may have the VIN on all 4, but is that the case for 90's? And was having the VIN on the tops an option, like having your glass laser etched w/ the VIN. Thanks for the replies guys.
if you figure it out, let me know know- I'm looking for a hardtop since I only got the acrylic one with #1623.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote