That's a nice looking collection Ryan!
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #22
kirkstingray

Default Re: Lets see our Canadian ZR-1s

Nice cars Ryan, very impressive. How do you find the time for three cars. Ruby car is bad, the red make it stand out even more.
kirkstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #23
Cdn ZR1 95

Thumbs up Re: Lets see our Canadian ZR-1s

Awesome Dave and Ryan.
We're all getting to know our cars a little better. Who cares if we are miles and miles apart. Love the plates Ryan. I thought the '90 should be the FLYIN 0 when I first looked at your plate sequence.
Cdn ZR1 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #24
MB ZR1

Wow Ryan, what a beautiful collection of ZR-1s. I really like the Ruby one.

1990 ZR-1 S/n 1096
MB ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #25
Cdn ZR1 Mike

Couple extra pics for ya big guy. Glad to see you enjoying her. I'll burn a DVD of all pics. Hoping to get your jacket this weekend if numb nuts actually shows up this time.....

1990 ZR1 Ported Intake, IH's and PC'd (JeffVette), 4:10's, SLP air intake, SW headers, X-pipe with flowmasters. Haibeck chip. 12.1 @117mph on GSD-3's. :mrgreen:
Cdn ZR1 Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #26
MB ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn ZR1 Mike View Post
Couple extra pics for ya big guy. Glad to see you enjoying her. I'll burn a DVD of all pics. Hoping to get your jacket this weekend if numb nuts actually shows up this time.....

Thats great Mike. I know how much you miss her. I hope I can get her out of the garage soon. Its been such a long brutal winter.

1990 ZR-1 S/n 1096
MB ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #27
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn ZR1 95 View Post
Love the plates Ryan. I thought the '90 should be the FLYIN 0 when I first looked at your plate sequence.
Thanks for your comments fella's . I was waiting for a remark about the plates...so here's the explanation. FLYIN is my original plate i've has forever, 20+ years, it's on my Stingray. FLYIN 2 is currently on my daily driver (Duramax). When I bought my 90 in 2006 the obvious next choice was FLYIN 3, at this stage of the game I had no intention of buying anything else. Not very long after , I bought my 95, everybody calls them the 'Bookends', first & last-same colors, next plate up was FLYIN 4...simple enough so far . In 2007 I bought my 93 (Ruby) so FLYIN 5 was next in line. The 'Number' after FLYIN was never intended to correspond with the year of the cars but it was easy/obvious to switch them around & have two of the three line up with the years. Ssooo that's my story, like it or not .
Old 04-22-2009   #28
Cdn ZR1 95

I'm considering '95 ZR1' here in Ontario. It was available last year when I checked.
Cdn ZR1 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #29
FNG90-195

Greetings!

When I posted a few weeks ago asking about oil types/capacites for complete fluid change, I think it was Ryan who asked me to send pictures. The car is now home (1990, 78,000 km), so if I've figured out how to do this correctly, here they are!

The car was pretty dirty when I got it, but it has cleaned up quite nicely. I have soaked the seats in leather conditioner, vaccumed it out and generally cleaned the interior since the photos were taken. The engine bay needs a good detailing. Original finish will have to do, 'cause it's too much coin to powder coat right now.

The paint seems to be original, and needs a good buffing/polishing/wax. Lots of surface scratches and several stone chips to touch up.

Thanks to everyone's assistance here, the motor oil/filter, trans, diff, and coolant, thermostat and air and fuel filter have now all been changed. Once I put a few miles on it and am satisfied there are no leaks, I'll change the brake/clutch fluid and power steering fluid as well.

I hope to have it on the road by mid-May. Can't wait!

Cheers

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pass. hood up 2.jpg (132.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Int. newly arrived.jpg (118.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Eng. Dr..jpg (147.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Pass. front.jpg (115.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Eng. Code label.jpg (142.3 KB, 11 views)
FNG90-195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009   #30
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG90-195 View Post
Greetings!

When I posted a few weeks ago asking about oil types/capacites for complete fluid change, I think it was Ryan who asked me to send pictures. The car is now home (1990, 78,000 km), so if I've figured out how to do this correctly, here they are!

The car was pretty dirty when I got it, but it has cleaned up quite nicely. I have soaked the seats in leather conditioner, vaccumed it out and generally cleaned the interior since the photos were taken. The engine bay needs a good detailing. Original finish will have to do, 'cause it's too much coin to powder coat right now.

The paint seems to be original, and needs a good buffing/polishing/wax. Lots of surface scratches and several stone chips to touch up.

Thanks to everyone's assistance here, the motor oil/filter, trans, diff, and coolant, thermostat and air and fuel filter have now all been changed. Once I put a few miles on it and am satisfied there are no leaks, I'll change the brake/clutch fluid and power steering fluid as well.

I hope to have it on the road by mid-May. Can't wait!

Cheers

Mark
powder coating only costs $300.00 U.S. It isn't expensive.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote