ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Old 07-19-2009   #21
Nick

Default Re: AVIC Z-3 Installed !!

Nice work, Daryll. You've done a LOT with that car!
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #22
GOLDCYLON

Thanks Nick, Shes my DD so I spend a lot of time on her
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #23
secondchance

Nice work!
I have just finished building/installing 10" Pioneer slim line sub (only 3" deep) hooked up to an old Alpine amp I had from 10 years ago.
I tapped into rear channel speaker wire with Scoche LOC. The system sounds so much rich with a sub. I was into all this back in the early 90s but must have forgotten what I was missing.
I will eventually go to Kenwood double din head unit and mini 4 channel amp (something like ARC) for fronts and rears.

I was wondering what you are doing for front speakers
. It looks like you are no longer running factory speakers judging by rear speaker grille. There really is very little space to run anything worthwhile up front especially for 90 and up C4s.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #24
GOLDCYLON

You are correct nothing stock remains of my entire audio system. My entire stock system and front and rear speakers live in my garage cabinet. I am running Memphis Speakers both front and rear and a Memphis amp. The Bloze unit was great in 1990. I just dont know how I would live with out my voice command now and bluetooth for the cell phone. Its too damn nice !!!!

I normally dont run the unit above level 10 which is damn loud. Its that clear and powerful. At 50 it chips paint

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 09-28-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2009   #25
FU

Very nice

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #26
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
You are correct nothing stock remains of my entire audio system. My entire stock system and front and rear speakers live in my garage cabinet. I am running Memphis Speakers both front and rear and a Memphis amp. The Bloze unit was great in 1990. I just dont know how I would live with out my voice command now and bluetooth for the cell phone. Its too damn nice !!!!

I normally dont run the unit above level 10 which is damn loud. Its that clear and powerful. At 50 it chips paint
Are you using stock speaker enclosure at front? If so, what size speakers?

Also, how heavy did sub-box/sub woofer/amp ended up weighing?

Last edited by secondchance; 09-28-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: add info
Old 09-28-2009   #27
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Are you using stock speaker enclosure at front? If so, what size speakers?
No idea they were installed by the previous owner. I'll assume they are not using the stock encloseure but they fit behind the carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Also, how heavy did sub-box/sub woofer/amp ended up weighing?
About 15/20 Pounds. It pretty heavy

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 09-28-2009   #28
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
No idea they were installed by the previous owner. I'll assume they are not using the stock encloseure but they fit behind the carpet.

Hmmm... Not much space next to structural tube. Last time I did the install on my 91, best I could do was install 3" in the factory enclosure next to door sill and add plastic box for 84-89 inside the door and install 4" resulting in 4 speakers up front. Also added Eclipse center channel on the back of the rear view mirror.

About 15/20 Pounds. It pretty heavy
First box I made with sub and amp came in around 50lbs (28 for box, 10 for amp and I am guessing another 10 for the sub).
So, I built another identical box w/ 1/2" plywood and lost 15lbs. I figure it's still around 35lbs.
Old 09-28-2009   #29
GOLDCYLON

Well one thing for sure its not going anyhere. Its a heavy sucker

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 09-28-2009   #30
secondchance

Well, I try to keep it as light as possible for obvious reason - weight vs. hp. Also, since it sits right over the rear axle all extra pounds fall on the rear.
Also, I built the box so that after removing 6 wires (say 5 minutes), I can lift the whole thing out as one piece. It's light enough so even I can do this by myself.