ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-28-2015   #1
5ABI VT

Talking A little wot video of my Z !!

Been meaning to make a thread here to document all the changes and I will soon but here's a video clip I made the other day with my gopro was pretty much my first day out and about and lots more vids to come before the end of the year. turn it up !!

http://youtu.be/ymFflRocqHM
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015   #2
Dynomite

Default Re: A little wot video of my Z !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
Been meaning to make a thread here to document all the changes and I will soon but here's a video clip I made the other day with my gopro was pretty much my first day out and about and lots more vids to come before the end of the year.

http://youtu.be/ymFflRocqHM
That is soooooooo much fun

I do that here in CA and SD once in a while....but in CA have to really watch for Highway Patrol.
I like those guys but a car in CA with Offroad Headers (legal in SD) is a special eye catcher for them

Last edited by Dynomite; 06-28-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015   #3
XfireZ51

Not sure I would have gone WOT sitting next to a semi. Sounds good.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015   #4
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Not sure I would have gone WOT sitting next to a semi. Sounds good.
I think the traffic looks closer than it really is. There were several cars (what was that to the right??) that were going faster. A bit crowded however and in CA with those cars would have been a CHP close by

I have new respect for those CHP boys ever since one followed me on his motorcycle for a mile right on my tail and I had Off Road Exhaust. He checked me all out (I was cruising 45 mph in a 55 mph zone) and then he prolly thought "what the hay, he is just a hick from South Dakota with my SD Plates and driving like I was pulling an implement"

I was actually on my "test track" where I test Modifications in the country (rural area) but I do keep an eye on patrol even in those areas.

Last edited by Dynomite; 06-29-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-29-2015   #5
5ABI VT

Ahh I probably should have mentioned he honked at me a few lights back and gave me a thumbs up so I was trying to put a smile on his face . Generally.. im usually out at night around 1-4am when the roads are empty. I will admit that I was out during the day and Im much more reserved around any traffic etc but it was a little tempting to let him hear it and get it on the gopro. Keep reminding myself I better not let that little camera get me into trouble
Old 06-29-2015   #6
KILLSHOTS

Hmmm, bet you didn't expect that folks would be critiquing your driving when you posted this, did you?

This is probably my favorite sound clip of an LT5 ever. Your car sounds amazing and the acceleration just looks brutal when you hammer it. Awesome video!
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015   #7
randy ransome

Sounds damn good to me. That thing is a beast. I can wait to see the write up on all your mods

randy ransome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015   #8
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy ransome View Post
Sounds damn good to me. That thing is a beast. I can wait to see the write up on all your mods
Yep......one of the best sounding ZR-1s and a great video (there are more videos in the Admiral 94 link below not to let the cat out of the bag)

A fun thread with lots of great photos/videos (very well documented)

Admiral 94 comes home - let the mods begin

My 500 hp ZR-1 sounds about like that in the video shown here but I love that short shifter

and........YES..............there are many that appreciate what we do in regard to modifications (even the truckers)

Last edited by Dynomite; 06-29-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2015   #9
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
Ahh I probably should have mentioned he honked at me a few lights back and gave me a thumbs up so I was trying to put a smile on his face . Generally.. im usually out at night around 1-4am when the roads are empty. I will admit that I was out during the day and Im much more reserved around any traffic etc but it was a little tempting to let him hear it and get it on the gopro. Keep reminding myself I better not let that little camera get me into trouble
Always fun to get a seal of approval from the big trucks!
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015   #10
5ABI VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
Hmmm, bet you didn't expect that folks would be critiquing your driving when you posted this, did you?

This is probably my favorite sound clip of an LT5 ever. Your car sounds amazing and the acceleration just looks brutal when you hammer it. Awesome video!
Haha actually yeah it crossed my mind because I was close to a truck but I dont mind at all and thanks !! I am really happy with the sound. Just for the record I am using a small microphone outside the car . I routed it so it's invisible and facing the road behind the car and seems to work as hoped with no wind noise.

I have a few more videos from that morning .. One of deccel in gear in which the sound is like gunfire in saving private Ryan I preferred the way it sounded on deccel before I removed the secondaries and had another chip done. I'm fairly certain I opted for the anti backfire Marc said he does and I'll have to talk with him about it but it definitely didn't snap crackle and pop before the recent changes. I'll try to get them uploaded today