ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
ZBrink

Default Re: Solution for B&B Exhaust Drone?

What about the addition of mini "bullet" muffler before each of the current mufflers? They are very inexpensive.

Here is one example by Dynomax: https://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/rac...round-623.html

Here is a smaller one from Total Flow: https://www.totalflowusa.com/totalfl...inner-diameter
1990 ZR-1 #299, Bright Red/Red
1998 Z51 Fastback Coupe, A4, Torch Red/Oak

Last edited by ZBrink; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:17 PM.
ZBrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrink View Post
Hi, I'm a little confused. Do you have the old style B&B system? Are you saying that you had drone but switching to an x-pipe resolved the drone? Upgrading to their new system is not in the fiscal cards at this time. EDIT: I double checked and I have the x-pipe.
Yes I have the old style B&B the resonator is an x pipe but I swapped in a true x pipe. It did minimal for the drone but imo it's not that bad. I like my car loud so it's no big deal.

The new B&B is not in my goals now. If I upgrade my exhaust it will be a 3" titanium system to save weight.
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
rush91

I would just go with the Maximizer exhaust to hook up to your headers.....It should bolt right up, but I would have it all welded in place instead of using clamps.

Ebay has ZR-1 Maximizer exhaust systems on sale for like $250. That is an incredible price considering they were $1000 last year.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush91 View Post
I would just go with the Maximizer exhaust to hook up to your headers.....It should bolt right up, but I would have it all welded in place instead of using clamps.

Ebay has ZR-1 Maximizer exhaust systems on sale for like $250. That is an incredible price considering they were $1000 last year.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18557044908...3ABFBMkIzKntlj

Shipping is $197.77.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
ZBrink

After calling a few exhaust companies and looking over Phil's system, I think the easiest and least expensive option overall is to add in two resonators between the x-pipe and the mufflers. This company specifically makes their resonators to eliminate drone depending on application and they match the B&B 304 stainless: https://flasharkracing.com/products/...4-in-diameter?
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
Karl

Quote:
After calling a few exhaust companies and looking over Phil's system, I think the easiest and least expensive option overall is to add in two resonators between the x-pipe and the mufflers. This company specifically makes their resonators to eliminate drone depending on application and they match the B&B 304 stainless: https://flasharkracing.com/products/...4-in-diameter?
Two resonators?

#IDTS

You will be better off #IMO with a used a C4 LT4 exhaust cat back system (2 3/4" vs 2 1/2") and replace the LT4 resonator with a x pipe ane with the x pipe as close to the engine as possible.

#size does matter 💯
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17
ZBrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Two resonators?

#IDTS

You will be better off #IMO with a used a C4 LT4 exhaust cat back system (2 3/4" vs 2 1/2") and replace the LT4 resonator with a x pipe ane with the x pipe as close to the engine as possible.

#size does matter 💯
Yes, two resonators (one for each side) as each is a single pipe. If you go to the link in my last post you'll see exactly what I'm referring to. This Is the same setup as Phil just a different brand.

A used LT4 exhaust would be difficult to source and would be far more expensive.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Yes, two resonators (one for each side) as each is a single pipe. If you go to the link in my last post you'll see exactly what I'm referring to. This Is the same setup as Phil just a different brand.

A used LT4 exhaust would be difficult to source and would be far more expensive.
Do you have a link to Phils setup?

I have a LT4 system on my car.. I have 2" headers into 3" cats in to the LT4 system. Honestly, if you did anything to the LT4 system it would be to replace the mufflers to give a bit more growl. but overall I have no resonance in my car.
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote