ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-12-2015   #1
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Anyone at the Gathering with Corsa or SW Exhaust System, no headers?

Hello Guys and Gals,

Does anyone have a Corsa or SW Exhaust System on their cars without headers and going to be at BG this week? I thought I was going to leave this 95 totally stock while here in CA, but I need to at least get a cat back system. Initially was really leaning towards Corsa, but in the past did not like the sound and could not grasp the smaller diameter pipes concept; kind of liking that system now after more research. Having no drone would be great.

Surely don't want to put my B&B triflos from the 90 on it. I would consider modifying the B&B with pieces from SW system mufflers since I already have a new SW X-pipe (replace B&B resonator) that is on the shelf and was never installed. The other thought is to just buy a complete SW system. I have heard good things about the SW so far and appears to not have drone, but no dyno proven results. They claim no drone with their chambered mufflers, etc. even with X-pipe.

I don't know that I will be adding headers while here in CA and dealing with SMOG cert every other year. It might not be worth the effort so cat back might be all that I can do.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing and hearing these systems as well as talk to owners about it at BG. Arriving on Thurs afternoon and first stop is the WahBah Steakhouse at 5:30. See you there.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015   #2
JimZRyd

Default Re: Anyone at the Gathering with Corsa or SW Exhaust System, no headers?

If I was bringing mine Craig you could surely take a look at it. I currently have Corsa with no headers. I like it good enough but I want more growl. I have a B&B put away and will more than likely go with a SW header later this year. I like you will also be Z-less this year

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015   #3
mike100

Default Re: Anyone at the Gathering with Corsa or SW Exhaust System, no headers?

I thought the Corsa was plenty loud still even with stock manifolds and catalysts. I didn't care for the sound as much- I would customize a stock system with different mufflers and a resonator-ectomy again (with NPP outlet flaps of course). I sold my Corsa catback to a guy in Riverside Co. I don't think he ever converted it for use on his LT1 car- i can put you in touch with him if you want.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015   #4
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZRyd View Post
If I was bringing mine Craig you could surely take a look at it. I currently have Corsa with no headers. I like it good enough but I want more growl. I have a B&B put away and will more than likely go with a SW header later this year. I like you will also be Z-less this year
Thanks for your thoughts. I will consult with more of the CA folks to see what I can and cannot get away with. I'm sure there will be some folks and I should be able to get an idea even if they have headers too. We'll be in the Z-less crowd I guess. See you there.

Old 05-12-2015   #5
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
I thought the Corsa was plenty loud still even with stock manifolds and catalysts. I didn't care for the sound as much- I would customize a stock system with different mufflers and a resonator-ectomy again (with NPP outlet flaps of course). I sold my Corsa catback to a guy in Riverside Co. I don't think he ever converted it for use on his LT1 car- i can put you in touch with him if you want.
Thanks and I have been meaning to get with you for more specifics about this state. I have not made it over to the SMOG shop that I took my cars to when I brought it to CA and to pick their brains. The Corsa is pricey too. I want to consider all the options. Thanks again.

Old 05-13-2015   #6
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
I sold my Corsa catback to a guy in Riverside Co. I don't think he ever converted it for use on his LT1 car- i can put you in touch with him if you want.
If your Corsa was an early WITH-OUT the "CORSA" embossments on the exhaust tips that might be an interesting buy.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015   #7
dredgeguy

I have stock manifolds and cats and have the early Corsa (without the embossments) and like the sound. Quiet enough not to wake the neighbors when I head out early on Sunday morning for cars and coffee but loud enough to let others know don't mess with me at higher RPM. No drone so you can enjoy the radio. If it is not loud enough for you then you can always add headers later. I am still on the fence but if I do add headers, will keep the cats.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015   #8
HAWAIIZR-1

Thanks for the replies and info about Corsas. I am curious to know the difference between their generations like is available with the B&Bs. I guess a call to Corsa would answer that. Sure wish I could hear your Charlie.