ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Canadian Region

Old 10-29-2009   #1
FNG90-195

Default There's still hope (RM Auction results)........

I was at the RM Car Auction at the International Centre in Mississauga last Friday night. I go every spring and fall with a few buddies to check out the cars and watch a few go over the block. Then it's on to wings and beer at the local Hters.

There was a 1990 ZR-1 there with I believe about 57,000 km on it. Came with both roofs. It was identical to my red 90 except I have A-Molds and this car had what appeared to be original sawblades, but I can't be sure 'cause I'm not that familiar with them. There was a spider crack in the middle of the hood about the size of a quarter. Other than that, it looked pretty good. It went on the block Saturday. I checked the RM web site the other night, and it sold for $30,250. I paid less than half that for mine in March 09, and with all the comments about falling values, I was suprised to see it go that high. There was a 93 Ruby Red 40th Anniversay coupe that bid up to $10,250 and stopped, a there was a 1991 roadster that bid up to $11,000 and stopped.

I can only assume that there must have been two guys that really wanted this car, but maybe it's a sign that things aren't that bad after all. I thought you guys might like to see some good news regarding values for a change!

Cheers

Mark
FNG90-195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #2
MB ZR1

Default Re: There's still hope (RM Auction results)........

That is promising. It sounds like it is similar to my car. I had about 50,000km, plus A-molds and quite a few performance upgrades and paid $25,000. Sounds like someone overpaid looking at the prices on the registry home page, but hey they are great cars and we all are hoping the price goes up.

1990 ZR-1 S/n 1096
MB ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote