ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > Review/Evaluation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2011   #9
xlr8nflorida

Default Re: What is the best oil for the beast.

I can't find that technical document I posted but its around somewhere.

The jist of the article was that Mobil 1 High Mileage was fine for the LT-5 engine.

There are disadvantages to adding zinc if not done properly. I'm sure Valvoline and the others are good if you can find the 10W-30.

I go with what has worked for me. I have had several engines well over 100,000 that ran like a raped ape and they were clean as a whistle.
Mobil 1 works for me.

I buy it often for $19.99 to $25.00 for 5 quarts. I buy a ton of it for the 3 Corvettes and Mobil 1 has a rewards program.

I change my oil seasonal regardless of mileage. Many times I change it prematurely at 3,000 miles. If I get busy, then higher mileage.

On my Z - its really spoiled. Often times, it only has a few hundred miles on the oil. It gets seasonal changes, especially after the winter storage if I'm in a cold state. My oil cooler oil stays in good shape as a result. It is way overkill but my oil changes are dirt cheap since I always get the oil on sale and do it myself. If memory serves me right, regular mobil 1 is good for 6 months and extended mobil is good for 1 year. (as long as within mileage limitations)

I also do my coolant now at 1 year intervals.

Last edited by xlr8nflorida; 03-01-2011 at 06:17 PM.
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote