ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-04-2023   #1
davidijaxson

Default Sales Question Please

I have decided to part with my 90 ZR-1 #2543. The car came with 1994 ZR-1 wheels on it and Desert Drive (I think) exhaust. I also have the 90 Wheels and the factory exhaust. My question is would it be better to offer it as a package deal or should I sell the car and then offer the wheels and exhaust separately. Thanks for any suggestions.
davidijaxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023   #2
sazabinu

Wink Re: Sales Question Please

I feel like the market of buyers that would be interested in the car would be larger if it was bone stock. Just an opinion.

You would definitely find some buyers for the exhaust and wheels alone. For sure.

If you decide to part with the wheels separately I'd be interested for example
sazabinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023   #3
Mikey

Default Re: Sales Question Please

List the car and offer buyer choice of wheels. Then sell whichever set remains. Give buyer first right of refusal on the second set. Same deal for exhaust.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023   #4
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidijaxson View Post
I have decided to part with my 90 ZR-1 #2543. The car came with 1994 ZR-1 wheels on it and Desert Drive (I think) exhaust. I also have the 90 Wheels and the factory exhaust. My question is would it be better to offer it as a package deal or should I sell the car and then offer the wheels and exhaust separately. Thanks for any suggestions.
The exhaust is probably desert development and one of the loudest exhausts available on the secondary market. If your make sure you mention the wheels and original wheels are available
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023   #5
WARP TEN

I tend to agree with Sazabinu and Goldcylon. Stock cars reach a broader audience and the Desert Development 3" exhaust was the loudest and most drone prone ever made. If it were mine, and if the car is otherwise stock, I would have the stock exhaust reinstalled and the stock wheels as well. The later model wheels can fairly easily be sold online and so can the Desert Development exhaust, although perhaps to a smaller audience. And you can certainly offer both the '94 wheels and the DD exhaust along with the car in case someone wants it all. Just my $.02. Good luck with the sale. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 12-05-2023 at 10:53 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote