ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 10-11-2009   #1
Hammer

Talking Meeting Minutes

I was checking out the Bowling Green Assembly Plant Club site and found these. I think it would be nice to see some from the Registry Club meetings that are held (even the phone ones). Maybe they chould be posted in the members section, but they should be done.
Quote:
Bowling Green Assembly
Corvette Club Meeting
Date August 1, 2009

Meeting was called to order @ 10:00 a.m. by Dave Chrisley.
Minutes from previous meeting were read by Recording Secretary, Rollie Bell.
A motion was made and second to accept the minutes as read. (Motion passed)
Financial report was given by Rollie Bell.
A motion was made and second to accept the financial report as read. (Motion passed)
ANNOUNCEMENTS
Great job was done on National Corvette Homecoming.
Volunteers are needed for 15th Anniversary at the Corvette museum if you need more information contact Doug at 2009sncc@gmail.com.
WE had a member Bob Biederman pass away our prayers go out to his family.
There is a car show in Columbus Ohio next weekend if any one interest in going or need information you can email Dave Chrisley.
MOTIONS
A motion was made and second to go to the Hot Rods ball game for August Fun Run. (Motion passed) The ball game is on August 28 more information will come later.
A motion was made and second to buy doughnuts and coffee for volunteers working in the plant, Jim Van Dorn and Joe Pruitt said they would buy them. (Motion passed)
A motion was made and second to have September Fun Run go to Coke Cola Museum in Elizabeth Town. (Motion passed)
A motion was made and second to purchase shirts for the car show. (Motion passed)
A motion was made and second to have a meeting the week of Aug. 8th to get committee set up for the Car show. (Motion passed)
Vito D’Angelo won the 50/50.
A motion was made and second to adjourn. (Motion passed).
Rollie B. Bell,
Recording Secretary
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #2
QB93Z

Default Re: Meeting Minutes

I agree. It would be a boost to the Registry if the minutes of the meetings and the financial statements were posted so that members could see all the neat stuff we do.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #3
A1990

Financial statements were done the first year, never since. I agree, disclosure would be nice.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #4
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1990 View Post
Financial statements were done the first year, never since. I agree, disclosure would be nice.
Dennis, I did the financial statements this year. We had to fill an extension as some of the info had been muddled. in the changeover. They will be posted in the newsletter and online shortly. I will talk to Ron about the meeting minutes.
Old 10-13-2009   #5
A1990

Jeff, thanks for the reply. Have the other years been posted and I missed them? I don't always keep up like I should.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
Old 10-13-2009   #6
Jeffvette

The very first year was done, and the subsequent years were not. Not sure why.
Old 11-22-2009   #7
A1990

Jeff, I appreciate you getting the club financial done. Won't be long before you get to do it all again. Of course, if you stay on schedule, like most things, it is easier in time.

One question: In the revenues section it lists memberships and a special donation. Does the membership line item include other sales such as t-shirts, decals, posters, etc?

Thanks again for your effort
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
Old 11-22-2009   #8
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1990 View Post
Jeff, I appreciate you getting the club financial done. Won't be long before you get to do it all again. Of course, if you stay on schedule, like most things, it is easier in time.

One question: In the revenues section it lists memberships and a special donation. Does the membership line item include other sales such as t-shirts, decals, posters, etc?

Thanks again for your effort

Dennis, let me say this was a mess. We had funds in a bank in WV, whom we could not get to communicate with us to get the new board members set up. Come to find out that the protection we wanted (to keep somebody from walking away with the money) were not in place. The new account we have to have dual signatures on ALL checks. Either I, Dave Bright or Ron Kreigh need to sign a check to get payment processed. Currently, I fill out the checks and mail them off, or in the case of BG bring them with me to have Dave or Ron sign. We also have a card attached to the bank with a low limit. Our vendors now like this feature instead of waiting for checks.

When I took over we had funds in two places, the bank in WV and paypal. We created a new account at a bank here in the PNW and began the slow process of shutting down the WV and removing all the funds from paypal.

In the transition period from Dan Durbin, the books were left alone basically and the record keeping was basically in the form of checks for payments going out and a smattering of entries into quickbooks. After auditing and trying to decipher shirt, badge and other misc sales it was too big of a task. So for this year, membership income consisted of all sales. Which is crappy, but the best way for me to close everything out after filing an extension. Realistically, the other sales other than true membership only make up a small portion of the clubs intake.

Taxes for the 2009 year will be easier. I should have everything wrapped up before taxes are due for non profit orgs on May 15th.
Old 11-22-2009   #9
A1990

Thanks for the quick response. It looked like that might be the case since the amount ended in .18

I appreciate your efforts to straighten that mess out. Big difference between doing accounting and thinking you can!!!

Sometimes thinking you can is worse that doing nothing at all.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z

Last edited by A1990; 11-22-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2009   #10
Hammer

Talking Re: Meeting Minutes

Jeff, thanks for your work, for one really appreciate it and I appreciate finally having someone involved who gives a ****. The Registry went this way once before if I'm not mistaken.

As you know I have been inquiring about this stuff for several years now and never got much of an answer so I really appreciate this finally coming out. This has been a big concern of mine as I have been in clubs before and the finances are always a bit on the dark side. I was President of a club and even then it was hard to get financial data.

The big difference betweeen the Registry and the clubs I have been in is at least they were local and I could attend meetings and participate. With the Registry I hesitate as it seems there are funds that we have to spend out of our pockets to be a viable part of the board. Phone bills, possibly attending the annual meeting and so on. I'll chat with you offline about those after a bit though.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote