ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-04-2018   #11
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: LT-5 Emblems

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1assassin View Post
At $100 a piece to rich for my blood... I think he may have better luck selling them individually to allow people to match their individual car colors..... but what do I know.
Oh, I agree.. $100 ea is a bit steep but follows with what I have seen on ebay for the ZR-1 ones recently

I also agree selling them individually would make sense, but this auction has ended already, maybe he sold them?
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018   #12
KILLSHOTS

I googled the GM part number stuck on the back of one of the emblems, and it came up as an actual discontinued GM item. I think these were legit. (listing has ended)

http://www.gmpartswiki.com/getpage?pageid=92631
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018   #13
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
I googled the GM part number stuck on the back of one of the emblems, and it came up as an actual discontinued GM item. I think these were legit. (listing has ended)

Yup
zr1assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #14
Great White

Thumbs up Re: LT-5 Emblems

I picked up an old issue of "Keepin Track of Vettes" at the NCM souvenir shop. The magazine is circa '89 and shows pictures of a preproduction ZR-1 press car at a race track in California. I believe GM was at the track to show the ZR-1 to Car and Driver for some sort of teaser article. The pictures in the magazine clearly show an LT5 badge on the back of the car. At the very least, one of these emblems legitimately existed and was produced by GM. I'm sure they had to make more than one though. I'd rock two of them on my hood in white
Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #15
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post

Was the number different from the part number for the ZR-1 emblem?

My Ruby emblem came on no such card, meaning it is either different, or had the card removed for another reason before I purchased it.

I know of no production ZR-1 that was adorned with the LT-5 emblem, but I also seem to recall a picture of a pre-production car that may have had one.

While perhaps much ado about nothing, it certainly is an interesting tidbit about the car, so worth spending time hearing what others may know.

The only thing I feel very confident about would be if my car sported such an emblem at an NCRS judging event, that it would likely earn me a deduction, which is why I never put it on the car either added to the left on the rear bumper, or as a replacement for the ZR-1 emblem.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #16
Great White

There's even a book entitled "The Corvette Factories: Building America's Sports Car" By Mike Mueller that mentions preproduction cars having an LT-5 emblem. I wonder if GM sold these at dealerships as an accessory...

https://books.google.com/books?id=og...emblem&f=false
Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #17
KILLSHOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
Was the number different from the part number for the ZR-1 emblem?

My Ruby emblem came on no such card, meaning it is either different, or had the card removed for another reason before I purchased it.

I know of no production ZR-1 that was adorned with the LT-5 emblem, but I also seem to recall a picture of a pre-production car that may have had one.

While perhaps much ado about nothing, it certainly is an interesting tidbit about the car, so worth spending time hearing what others may know.

The only thing I feel very confident about would be if my car sported such an emblem at an NCRS judging event, that it would likely earn me a deduction, which is why I never put it on the car either added to the left on the rear bumper, or as a replacement for the ZR-1 emblem.

Marty
Not sure on your part number question; if you click on the gmpartswiki link I posted, you'll have all the info I have. When I said that I think they're legit, I didn't mean that they were legit PRODUCTION emblems. I totally agree that they weren't. But I do believe they were legit GM emblems and like you, I have seen photos of pre-production ZR-1s with this LT-5 emblem affixed.
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #18
Charlie#445

Mid America sold them back in the day, my lt4 car had one on it when I bought it. I took it off when I bought it but I still have it. It’s yellow, same as the car.Image1544059754.561517.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Charlie#445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018   #19
Charlie#445

The emblem is size appropriate but I’m not very good at this. It was located on the rear bumper, same location as on ZR1’s I remember them and I probably could dig up an old catalog with them listed.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Charlie#445 is offline   Reply With Quote