ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2018   #1
zr1assassin

Default Considering selling the beast ....

Guys, I'm considering selling the z.
I have had the opportunity to build this car into what I think is a "better" version, improved on all the areas I think stock lacks. I've taken it about as far as I think it should go and am itching to move on to another build. I absolutely love the way it has turned out but i enjoy the build process more than anything, some of you out there will know exactly what I'm talking about.
Haven't decided yet but I'd like to either get another c4z and go a different direction with it or maybe even a c6z? I hope this car will go to someone who possibly wants a modified Z but doesn't have the ability/space to build it themselves.
Took this car out today and its dialed in perfectly, performs amazingly. Sounds, handles, feels, brakes outstanding for a 26yr old car. I'm very happy with the way its turned out.
Anyways, I'm really just gauging interest at this point so if you would like more information about the car and are interested p.m. me. I don't really have an idea on price or anything else yet just kind of thinking out loud to the group, so don't beat me up to bad lol.

Last edited by zr1assassin; 12-19-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-19-2018   #2
G8nightman

Default Re: Considering selling the beast ....

This thought comes up often in your mind lol? Are you going to be removing the big brakes in the other thread you had some worries about safety liabilities on your one off brake caliper brackets? Car came out looking really nice you should just keep it and add the c5z to your stable.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"
Old 12-19-2018   #3
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post
This thought comes up often in your mind lol? Are you going to be removing the big brakes in the other thread you had some worries about safety liabilities on your one off brake caliper brackets? Car came out looking really nice you should just keep it and add the c5z to your stable.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
I always start thinking this way when a build is completed lol, my wife says there is something wrong with me lol.... she could be right🤔. I get done with it, and think "ok, now what".
I lose a ton of money everytime I do it but Its worth it to me, i really enjoy the build process. I'll leave the brakes, I've had a chance to really put them through the paces and they are solid as a rock, they stop soooo much better than stock did, its really reminds me of the way my 16Z06 stopped!
I think I've narrowed it down to another c4zr1 or a c6zr1, although I've never had a c5.....🤔
Old 12-19-2018   #4
32valvesftw

I get the same way about my cars, I get to a point and then start looking around. I would say if you have the space keep it. You will probably be disappointed in the offers after all that work.
Old 12-19-2018   #5
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
I get the same way about my cars, I get to a point and then start looking around. I would say if you have the space keep it. You will probably be disappointed in the offers after all that work.
Ya I might if I can swing it and the new project, but even then I will want to fiddle with it more. We'll see, like I said I'm still just pondering this .....outloud. I think $30k would be where I'd shoot for, still be losing a chunk but I try not to worry about that to much, chalk it up to admission price to play in the car game
Old 12-19-2018   #6
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1assassin View Post
Ya I might if I can swing it and the new project, but even then I will want to fiddle with it more. We'll see, like I said I'm still just pondering this .....outloud. I think $30k would be where I'd shoot for, still be losing a chunk but I try not to worry about that to much, chalk it up to admission price to play in the car game
I know how you feel. I’ve done something similar w my previous cars. And I think I’m getting to the point w my ZR where running out of things to upgrade. Having said that, tuning can be an obsession that keeps u going. There’s always something. But having upgraded everything from motor, exhaust, suspension, brakes, and chassis stiffness, I have to admit, I still get a kick out of driving this car. I don’t get bored like I have with other ones.
Perhaps assassin you might consider a different option like the one I just chose.
Still a DOHC. 😉🤣
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCBCDD57-BCC6-4D2C-8650-396A93188B4E.jpg (105.6 KB, 53 views)
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
Old 12-19-2018   #7
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
I know how you feel. I’ve done something similar w my previous cars. And I think I’m getting to the point w my ZR where running out of things to upgrade. Having said that, tuning can be an obsession that keeps u going. There’s always something. But having upgraded everything from motor, exhaust, suspension, brakes, and chassis stiffness, I have to admit, I still get a kick out of driving this car. I don’t get bored like I have with other ones.
Perhaps assassin you might consider a different option like the one I just chose.
Still a DOHC. 😉🤣
Ohhhh dont get me started on bikes lol, I've rode for years and absolutely love to lay into a corner. I've had many 1000rr's and a few 929's. I quit bikes about 3yrs ago, figured I'd lived this long with only one low side I better walk away while I'm still standing. But believe me I know absolutely nothing feels like riding, I've had many many fast cars and in my opinion it doesn't even compare to the thrill of a bike. I still catch myself to this day looking at 1199s 😍
Old 12-19-2018   #8
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Yes...Yes....Yes......I concur

Just get another C4 ZR-1 and rebuild again (keep both). Lucky for me my cousin sells insurance and I just call her to add or subtract vehicles insured when I am driving them

The only trouble I am having is the C4 ZR-1s just do not have issues once you have done a basic Restoration and Change of Fluids to ALL proper fluids.
Jerry and Carter have been very supportive for all initial restorations
Ya they are so good you run out of things to do to them 😂😂😂
Old 12-19-2018   #9
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1assassin View Post
Ya they are so good you run out of things to do to them 😂😂😂
Drive it!!!
Old 12-19-2018   #10
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
Drive it!!!
True. And I will but that doesn't satisfy the "gotta be fu#ckin with something" urge lol
Closed Thread