ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-12-2021   #1
32valvesftw

Default Re: Oh, what "fun" WTF!?

I had a weird problem with mine where the interior lights would stay on and drain the battery, it turned out that the lock mechanism was sticky and the key was not returning to vertical after I opened the door. That would not explain your other issues though. It sounds like a wire went to ground, perhaps try an ohm meter on the fuse box terminals one by one and see if you get any grounds or opens. Good luck, these kinds of issues take time. Oh I had some electrical issues with a Jeep cherokee recently that turned out to be a battery terminal that could not be tightened, I used a hacksaw to give the terminal a bigger gap and all issues went away. My brothers 2013 Chevy truck had a bunch of weird electrical issues while he was driving it and it turned out that the guy who installed his plow left the battery terminals loose.

Last edited by 32valvesftw; 10-12-2021 at 11:21 AM.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021   #2
1991 Corvette ZR-1

With the door ajar issue. My interior lights came on and the door ajar light illuminated while driving and continued to stay on after the car was off and doors closed. The small switches are adjustable. They have a small plastic piece which can pull out or push in to make the appropriate contact with the door. Well, a temp solution that worked for me was pulling the small plastic extension out and shimming it with a tiny machine washer that fit perfectly under the piece when placed back into the switch. Problem solved.
1991 Corvette ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021   #3
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991 Corvette ZR-1 View Post
With the door ajar issue. My interior lights came on and the door ajar light illuminated while driving and continued to stay on after the car was off and doors closed. The small switches are adjustable. They have a small plastic piece which can pull out or push in to make the appropriate contact with the door. Well, a temp solution that worked for me was pulling the small plastic extension out and shimming it with a tiny machine washer that fit perfectly under the piece when placed back into the switch. Problem solved.
Interesting... I'll have to check for grounding when actually in the door, instead of removing them from the door to check 2 C if the switches were functioning. Good point.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote