ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-27-2022   #1
JT ZR-Won

Default Small tribute to the FBI

So I'm washing the ZR-1 yesterday morning and noticed this small sticker in the lower passenger corner of the rear hatch glass. It's pretty cool and very subtle. I acquired this beast of a car from my Dad who still lives in the Chicago land area and had the car built by Haibeck.
I am originally from the Chicago suburbs so I'm going to leave the FBI sticker... hope you guys don't mind me "representing" in the Sarasota, FL area

Jay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D3E49EC9-3F75-4DDB-B15A-309493211BE5.jpg (52.9 KB, 106 views)
JT ZR-Won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022   #2
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Small tribute to the FBI

I recon they won't mind! The moniker was coined back in 07 or 08, FBI The Fast Boyz of Illinoiz. Since then several of the original "FBI" members have gone on to other parts of the world - including ME.
The moniker came into being, mostly because we (the Chicago area ZR-1 owners) often participated as a group as a club and needed a name to go by (Corvette clubs in the area would participate in drag racing, car shows, etc. and would we needed an "official" name under which to be associated.)

And, that is how the "FBI" came to be! There's still no officers, no dues, and only one rule: Have FUN with our Zs! Myself and -=Jeff=- Debur sort of assumed the unofficial role as event organizers for get togethers (pizza nites, shows, drag races, etc). But, it is a very loosely organized group; - mainly residing in the Chicago area (especially initially), but now scattered all across the country! All newcomers and/or associates are welcome!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022   #3
JT ZR-Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
I recon they won't mind! The moniker was coined back in 07 or 08, FBI The Fast Boyz of Illinoiz. Since then several of the original "FBI" members have gone on to other parts of the world - including ME.
The moniker came into being, mostly because we (the Chicago area ZR-1 owners) often participated as a group as a club and needed a name to go by (Corvette clubs in the area would participate in drag racing, car shows, etc. and would we needed an "official" name under which to be associated.)

And, that is how the "FBI" came to be! There's still no officers, no dues, and only one rule: Have FUN with our Zs! Myself and -=Jeff=- Debur sort of assumed the unofficial role as event organizers for get togethers (pizza nites, shows, drag races, etc). But, it is a very loosely organized group; - mainly residing in the Chicago area (especially initially), but now scattered all across the country! All newcomers and/or associates are welcome!
Thanks for the info Paul. I think that is really cool... I remember my Dad telling me about some of those gatherings!
Old 07-04-2022   #4
-=Jeff=-

How is Dad doing? I know he isn't much for email, what toys does he still have up here.. I should really try to meet up with him..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022   #5
JT ZR-Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
How is Dad doing? I know he isn't much for email, what toys does he still have up here.. I should really try to meet up with him..
Hey there Jeff, he's doing great! He has a red '55 Chevy that is a really fun car and he also has a '67 Camaro that's been in the family since day 1. I know he's always up for a car show or cruise night, I'll tell him you say "hey!"