ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-20-2015   #1
mgbsda

Default ZR1 in Minneapolis Minnesota need advice before purchase

I found this old ad in the zr1.net marketplace and was wondering if anyone Knows any info or has seen this car in Minneapolis Minnesota? I'm considering purchasing it and would like to gather more info on it before taking a long trip from Tennessee to Minnesota. Any help
Would be appreciated. Thx Mike

1990 Bright Red/Black 15,500 mi - $25,995 (MN)
Description: 1990 Corvette ZR-1 VIN #1G1YZ23J5L5801032.Red with black interior.Car has always been garaged, covered and climate controlled with only 15,500 miles, has not been raced or abused is full stock and has a new GM clutch assy.Sale includes owners “pizza box”kit, extra keys and spare tire bag never used.Original windshield has no flaws.Owned 23 years.Priced to sell at $23,995.Reply to colesplace@integra.net.

email: colesplace@integra.net

Posted in: 1990 ZR-1s, Vehicles
Actions: E-mail a Friend | Permalink |
Related Images
1990 Bright Red/Black 15,500 mi - $25,995
90 ZR1 #403
mgbsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015   #2
PhillipsLT5

Default Re: ZR1 in Minneapolis Minnesota need advice before purchase

They could look it over or possibly worked on in the past

http://dougrippie.com/
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015   #3
Meanmyz

I have met Jim and have seen and even sat in this car. Jim is a very meticulous person and retired airline mechanic. This is a perfect, maintained car, and the one you want. Unfortunately, Jim traded it and his '07 Z06 in last month, to get his new Z06. Call him to find out more about the car and the Chevy dealership that it is currently at.
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015   #4
Meanmyz

I believe the only mods to the car are that it has been slightly lowered (it has a perfect stance), and has 4.10 gears. It had some other very nice bolt on mods, which he reversed for sale. I bought the second set of Amold wheels and Michelin Pilot Sports that he had...David Johnson personally saw the car with me and bought the B&B exhaust that he had. Again, as far as a maintained, low mile car with no issues, this is one you should follow up on.
Old 06-22-2015   #5
mgbsda

thanks for all the great info, I will follow up on it. Are you for sure it has 411 gears? any flaws on the car?
90 ZR1 #403
mgbsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015   #6
Meanmyz

It would be a good idea to call Jim and ask him about the 4.10's. If I remember right, the car did have them in the past and I know Jim really believed in them. Mind you, that this car has never been abused. The OEM Gatorbacks are now on the car and are close to full tread depth. The Michelin Pilot Sports that I got were very close to full tread.

My information may be old in that he could have put the stock gears back in. As I mentioned as far as the B&B, Amolds, and very nice Movit brakes that he put on the car, they were all taken back off and sold.

The car was VERY nice. I don't remember any issues at all. There was no seat bolster wear or rock chips.

I don't believe the car has ever sat outside and there where no scratches. I can't quite remember, but there might have been a very small flaw on the painted top. I can't remember what it was, but it was really insignificant as this is really a "like new" car.

Even though the exterior is as new, I kind of remember thinking that with the right wax and detail job, that the paint would look stunning. Not that there were any problems, just that it could be made absolutely stunning with a detail.

This car has lead a good life. Jim had a spare, new OEM water pump, laptop and computer software diagnostic equipment (computer and software was sold) and other various things.

Last edited by Meanmyz; 06-22-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2015   #7
Meanmyz

To the OP, Jim traded the car in to Village Chevrolet. It looks like they have the same asking price.

http://www.villagechev.com/VehicleDe...-MN/2546456183

The reason I know the owner is because one of my best friends bought a '69 Corvette from him years ago. The original owner of the ZR-1 (Jim) is a very detail orientated enthusiast. I don't want to sound like I am trying to sell his car for him, as I gain nothing, but if you are looking for a car as perfect as they get without issues, you really should check this one out.

After meeting Jim last summer and seeing his home and cars, I can say that he is as obsessive as I am (which means it "is a little over the top"! ...but no BS and the car is "right"...not someone's own version of "right" or "I got an ego, my car's perfect right", but "the way it should be, no BS, right". ).

I just wanted to make that clear, because I saw the car, and that was my honest opinion of it. To state anything else, would be wrong.