Old 07-23-2011   #1
XfireZ51

Default Green Technology at Lemans! Aeesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CI2b...e_gdata_player
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011   #2
Aurora40

Default Re: Green Technology at Lemans! Aeesome

Ehh... Sort of interesting. I don't get why racing bodies think anyone cares about "green" though.

Also, they say "half the weight, half the power, same speed". No kidding. That's not a new discovery. Most cars in ALMS or the ACO weigh what they do because that is what the class they are in requires.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #3
mgg

Default Re: Green Technology at Lemans! Aeesome

I have to a agree that I find it somewhat interesting. the fact that the rules committe has all but made gas powered cars in the LMP class obsolete is ridiculous. Who wants to watch a bunch of ill sounding quiet LMP diesel cars unchallenged due to rules win year after year. Diesels are fine for trucks that pull race cars. Gas cars would be more than competitive with some rules that would alllow biger fuel tanks or less engine restrictions. I am happy that Dan Gurney is a part of this project but since Jim Hall brought us areodynamics not much has changed until the diesel era. I am not sure about their design and how it relates to an auto manufacturer. This would provide them with a huge advantage with a clean sheet but I cannot imagine they would have the finacial backing to compete with Audi, Puegot or even Ferrari with there latest effort. For me the car is too unconventional and I would be puzzeled how ist could comply with the existing rules. We shall see.
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote