ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-17-2013   #1
Crackphx

Default Collector 1990 ZR1!! FIRST PHOTO AFTER DELIVERY!

I believe I lucked out and would love to hear what other members think. I can't pick up the Vette until monday and get pictures because it's in a secure facility but here are the basics:

FIRST PHOTO!! NEEDS MY DETAILER STAT! But in great condition needs a top to bottom cleaning but still in amazing condition

1990 ZR1 Corvette
Black Exterior
Black Interior
Mint condition inside and out
#2074 production number

Here is the kicker it only has 58 MILES!!!!!

I won't have pictures until next week, but I am looking for advice on storage and what kind of value to place on it for insurance!

In advance nice to be on here and to meet all of you!

Last edited by Crackphx; 01-12-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Adding Photo
Crackphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #2
Z06scentair

Default Re: Collector 1990 ZR1!! Lucky New Owner/Member! Lowest miles I have ever seen!

Congrats! Whats your plans with the car?

As far as value I would value the car at around 40k for insurance purposes. All fluids should be changed and the tires should be off the ground to prevent flat spotting if your not planning to drive the car!

Welcome to the club!

Last edited by Z06scentair; 12-17-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #3
tccrab

Default Re: Collector 1990 ZR1!! Lucky New Owner/Member! Lowest miles I have ever seen!

Congratulations!!

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Beast!!

There are two trains of thought about what to do with such a rare beast.

#1. Add it to your personal special car museum, wax it, polish it, admire it, drool over it and never drive it.

#2. Drive it like you stole it

Personally, I'm for Train #2, but that's just me.
If you intend to choose option 2, you will want to change the tires right away and also consider replacing the original Multec fuel injectors with the newer ethanol friendly versions as the originals WILL fail when subjected to today's gasoline.

'Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #4
Crackphx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06scentair View Post

As far as value I would value the car at around 40k for insurance purposes. All fluids should be changed and the tires should be off the ground to prevent flat spotting if your not planning to drive the car!

Welcome to the club!
I really haven't decided, but driving is not an option. I want to find the best and most respected shop in Arizona to look over it once I take delivery and to certify everything is perfect. I am planning on putting it on a car lift for storage inside a warehouse. I do need a great cover though

Thanks for the value estimate!
Old 12-17-2013   #5
Crackphx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06scentair View Post

Welcome to the club!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tccrab View Post
Congratulations!!

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Beast!!

There are two trains of thought about what to do with such a rare beast.

#1. Add it to your personal special car museum, wax it, polish it, admire it, drool over it and never drive it.

#2. Drive it like you stole it

Personally, I'm for Train #2, but that's just me.
If you intend to choose option 2, you will want to change the tires right away and also consider replacing the original Multec fuel injectors with the newer ethanol friendly versions as the originals WILL fail when subjected to today's gasoline.

'Crabs

I'd love to drive it but I think 58 miles is too rare to do that... That's for the injector idea. What type of fuel can I put in it then I mean it has to be started every so often and rolled around a bit
Old 12-17-2013   #6
We Gone

Welcome and congrats..

To bad you are going to store it and save it for someone. You need to get another to drive or you will never know what you are missing.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #7
Crackphx

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Welcome and congrats..

To bad you are going to store it and save it for someone. You need to get another to drive or you will never know what you are missing.
Yeah I know, I wish I could. I might look for a high milage one soon
Old 12-17-2013   #8
tccrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackphx View Post
I'd love to drive it but I think 58 miles is too rare to do that... That's for the injector idea. What type of fuel can I put in it then I mean it has to be started every so often and rolled around a bit
That is a very good question indeed.
Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable guys here can chime in and recommend a original injector friendly gasoline.
I'd guess that a couple of barrels of 100 octane race gas would probably do the trick, but since I don't know for sure, I won't pretend that I do.
Regardless, we'd all like to see pictures of your new baby.

'Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #9
Franke

Premium gas without ethanol should work just like the old days. At least a 91 octane is my thoughts. The higher octane the better.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #10
Crackphx

There is a gas station that sells 103 near Firebird Raceway for track cars, I guess I'll get some of that