ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-09-2023   #1
WARP TEN

Default A Good Corvette Day

Yesterday was a good Corvette day with the C7 Z06. I posted this in C7 and C8 forums but thought it generally is relevant to any Corvette forum. The weather has finally gotten to sunny and warmer and might even get into the 80s next week, so Friday I took the Z06 down off the lift from its long (5 months) winter nap. Lowered the tire pressures back to 30 psi (from 50) and reset the oil life monitor (showing 50%; oil change just before it went up). Took a short ride then to get temps up and see how it felt. Not unexpectedly I experienced some good vibrations from square tires. So yesterday I took it out again for a longer ride of an hour or so up the tollway into Wisconsin to round out the tires. Tires smoothed out, although of course nothing is really totally smooth in a Corvette with the suspension set on Sport. Everything was working fine; after an hour or so the charging voltage dropped back from 15.9 to a more normal 14.5, Temps normal, power seemed fine?always great to make a few runs through the gears after puttering around in the BMW all winter. So I was feeling pretty good, heading up the tollway at about 75 mph in the middle lane when in my rearview mirror I noticed an unmarked Illinois state trooper?s car about a quarter mile back charging up the lane to my right at a pretty good clip. Ah crap, I thought, what a way to start the new season. When the state trooper caught up to me he slowed and paced me on the right. I looked over and he had a big grin, gave me a thumbs up, then took off and disappeared into the distance, leaving me with a feeling of great relief. So all in all, it was a good Corvette day with hopefully many more to come soon. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023   #2
XfireZ51

Default Re: A Good Corvette Day

Last year after an FBI ?Pizza Night?, I was in the Montfort lane(remember that) when a black Tahoe turned on the lights to pull me over. Young trooper came to me window and immediately told me he was not giving me a ticket which lowered my heart rate. Told me he had followed me for 3 miles and that I had not used my turn signals for lane change. Then he asked me if I had 305s on the rear. I responded that they were 325 x19s. He wished me a good night. 😄🤙
I think the sight of a C4 ZR-1 is pretty rare especially heading west towards Rockford at night.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote