ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 07-26-2010   #1
flyin ryan

Smile German F-1

Too funny....Vettel got what he deserved yesterday! Dart's across on the start AGAIN!!!!!! WTF? Was on the pole, but more worried about 'Blocking' than racing. Goes from 1st to 3rd in a heartbeat. He jerk's that car around like it's a toy. Classic, good on him. At least Vettel's getting what he deserved . The guy is easy not to like for me, the way he's driving.....
Old 07-27-2010   #2
Aurora40

Default Re: German F-1

The race was kinda boring. It was cool that the Ferrari's are back in the fight, but the race itself played out like so many Schumi races of the past. Just watching two red cars drive, then a totally contrived pass, then the checkered flag. I guess at least Massa didn't come to a complete stop just yards from the finish line to let Alonso by...

Yes, Vettel really blew it on the start. Cut in on Alonso, so Massa shot by. Cut back to try to deal with Massa, and Alonso got by. But all my dislike is reserved for Hamilton.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #3
DaveK

Ferrari cheat, break the rules and get a measly $100k fine? Last year Alonso won by having his co-driver ordered to crash to bring out the safety car?

He acts like a whiny brat who seems like he has to repeatedly cheat to win and Ferrari should have been stripped of their win and points. I'm really getting to the point where I'm losing interest in it because of all this cheating and "gamesmanship".
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #4
flyin ryan

I don't know how to say this.....But what is it about Alonso that makes him think he is all that & a bag of chips?? Is he really that good? Really?? He seems to do good/great in so-so cars but once he gets in good ones, doesn't blow my mind at all. After what he pulled at McLaran I wouldn't have anything to do with the guy, period! He's a special one...
Old 07-27-2010   #5
DaveK

Couldn't agree more Ryan!
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

Old 07-27-2010   #6
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Ferrari cheat, break the rules and get a measly $100k fine? Last year Alonso won by having his co-driver ordered to crash to bring out the safety car?
What was the cheat? They broke the rules and got the maximum penalty outlined by said rules. These teams succeed or fail by pushing the rules to the limit. It's no different in the driving than it is in the car design, pit strategy, whatever.

The main crap that bothers me is things like Hamilton driving down the pit over the blue line (twice!) with nothing done, or when the track workers craned his car out of a gravel trap and put it back on the track back in 2007.

The rest of it, while it doesn't make for exciting racing, is just teams doing what they need to do. That's just how it goes. The FIA makes the rules, and the teams push the boundaries of them.
Former owner of #2517

Old 07-27-2010   #7
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
What was the cheat? They broke the rules and got the maximum penalty outlined by said rules.
They broke the rules... the definition of cheating - no?

There's a big difference between pushing the boundaries and deliberately ordering one guy to let someone else through who would not have got there on merit.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

Old 07-27-2010   #8
DaveK

Quote:
They broke the rules... the definition of cheating - no?

There's a big difference between pushing the boundaries and deliberately ordering one guy to let someone else through who would not have got there on merit.
And how you can dismiss ordering a guy to deliberately crash by saying it's "just how it goes" is beyond me.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

Old 07-28-2010   #9
flyin ryan

Here's an example of what I mean by my Alonso comments. The crash you mention Dave, Nelson Piquet (who crashed on purpose) where is he now....? I know where he is but my point being he has been blackballed by F-1. Alonso was in the middle of McLeran getting a HUGE fine because there cars 'maybe' looked liked Ferrari's a little. What was that fine again, 50 or 100 million...? Something ridiculous like that? I don't know how Alonso does it.....For the record, I don't have a problem with team orders either...To me it's a team sport. But in the eyes of F-1/FIA, team orders are not part of the agenda right now...so guess it's a no-no.
Old 07-28-2010   #10
Aurora40

Quote:
And how you can dismiss ordering a guy to deliberately crash by saying it's "just how it goes" is beyond me.
When did I do that? I thought we were talking about the German GP?
Former owner of #2517