ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-18-2019   #91
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Anybody using Quickjacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
I'm glad you guys are enjoying your quickjacks.

Mine have been a bunch of hassle. The first few uses they did not lift or lower evenly, several times one side got stuck in the elevated position. I called quickjack tech support at least 4 times. Bled the system numerous times. I did not have leaks. After the last call they sent me new cylinders, which I installed and they seem to work better. BUT neither of the new ones will hold air, so they have to be pumped up every time before use. Yes I used teflon tape and checked for leaks and made sure the schrader valves were tight and properly installed. I did get a pretty big piece of welding slag out of one the air cylinders though.

When I did the half shafts on my Z I just used jack stands as I did not want to risk getting the Vette stuck in the elevated position or tilted at angle. I still have not put the Vette up on them. Personally I should have gone with the Kwiklift system, if for no other reason than its made in America. I do not have space for a proper lift.

Sorry to hear this and I hope you can get it resolved. It is an awesome lift/jack and I’ve been using it a lot. I never had an issue from day one. Hopefully you will get to enjoy it and resolve the issue

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019   #92
32valvZ

Kwik Lift FTW!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift pic 3.jpg (117.9 KB, 45 views)
[B]1990 #2815[/B]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Red/Red[/B][/COLOR]
Ported Plenum & IH (by Pete)
Haibeck Chip
Rebuilt FPR (by Phil)
FIC Injectors
Watson LT Headers
3" Stainless Works exhaust
Lingenfelter Open Air Lid
Bill B Built Transmission
Shifter & C Beam Plates

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]1992 [COLOR=black]#[/COLOR] 091[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=#ff0000]Red/[COLOR=silver]Gray[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[B]SOLD[/B]
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019   #93
Tripler

Thumbs up Re: Anybody using Quickjacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Hello Mike....almost 2 years since posting in this thread.....
I finally ordered the Quickjacks on Sunday night....as they went on Sale @Home Depot once again.....plus I have the option of 18 months 0% interest if I choose to pay it that way on my Home Depot card....that offer was good to the end on April on purchases above $299.
Just received my email that 3 boxes shipped directly from BendPak in CA....so I'm also hoping to get the unit with the latest revisions that I've been reading about....total weight of shipment is 212 lbs. for 3 boxes....scheduled delivery is this Friday....
Will be a huge help for me...not only with the ZR-1....but with the rest of the vehicles to....now to find a spot in the garage to store them....or I might just put them together in the one bay and drive over them....then slide them out to the side when needed....
Hope everything is well on your end....

That's great Tom ! I will be using ours again shortly now that the snows have melted and we are almost having double digit temps on a daily basis . The only issues I have had with mine is after they sit for a bit , I loose a bit of air pressure from the cylinders so I top them back up to the recommended pressure . My unit comes with an auto bleed on the compressor but it does not seem to function that well . I usually get a line lock and will be unable to connect the quick connects as there internal pressure is to high . So I usually have to bleed off a bit of automatic transmission fluid from the hose connections to get them to connect . Make sure the cylinder pressures are equal or the lift will not lift evenly also .

The instruction book also states not to raise the lift unless it has a load on top of it so I used the winter car a few times on the lift for test runs before I stink the precious cars on it .

Oh and one more thing . Do not try to carry those lifts like the guy in the picture on the box lol .

For storage I got some bicycle L support brackets and doubled them up and they hang on the wall at hip level for easy carry from the wall to the driveway . I will take a pic today and post it later . Again , only carry one at a time lol unless you have super human strength you have not told anyone about .

Mike
Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019   #94
Roadster

Hello Mike.....no super human strength.....lol...I won't even be able to lift them off the wall like you do.....either going to store them under the Z....or on my wife's side of the garage under her Suv.....or another location...lol
They arrived this AM...I haven't unboxed them yet....most likely later....
I may have questions along the way with the setup....so hope you don't mind me asking....if I do!!!
Thanks.....[emoji16]20190419_095159.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019   #95
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Sorry to hear this and I hope you can get it resolved. It is an awesome lift/jack and I’ve been using it a lot. I never had an issue from day one. Hopefully you will get to enjoy it and resolve the issue

Same here. And mine were used but once I did the setup, they continue to work just fine.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019   #96
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Hello Mike.....no super human strength.....lol...I won't even be able to lift them off the wall like you do.....either going to store them under the Z....or on my wife's side of the garage under her Suv.....or another location...lol
They arrived this AM...I haven't unboxed them yet....most likely later....
I may have questions along the way with the setup....so hope you don't mind me asking....if I do!!!
Thanks.....[emoji16]Attachment 9404

Sent from my SM-G965U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

Congrats Tom!!! You’ll love it!! Take your time and follow the instructions carefully for assembly. Use the trans oil as directed. Yeah, they are heavy and I just park over them. They sell some nice hangers now, but my garage is a bit tight to be man handling them. It is easier to just use the tool they provide to hook the QJ and pull out. I have RaceDeck floors so they slide easily without getting scraped up. Ask away if you have questions. If you’re like me you’ll wonder why you waited sooooo long!

Old 04-19-2019   #97
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Congrats Tom!!! You’ll love it!! Take your time and follow the instructions carefully for assembly. Use the trans oil as directed. Yeah, they are heavy and I just park over them. They sell some nice hangers now, but my garage is a bit tight to be man handling them. It is easier to just use the tool they provide to hook the QJ and pull out. I have RaceDeck floors so they slide easily without getting scraped up. Ask away if you have questions. If you’re like me you’ll wonder why you waited sooooo long!

Thanks Craig....the manual is thick....lol....have to get the trans fluid....and also thinking about ordering the pinch-weld blocks.....and from what I understand you can stack 2 blocks on each corner to gain additional height...just going to take my time....going to look at the videos again and read the manual.....I'm already wondering why I didn't do this earlier....lol

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019   #98
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Anybody using Quickjacks?

Quote:
Thanks Craig....the manual is thick....lol....have to get the trans fluid....and also thinking about ordering the pinch-weld blocks.....and from what I understand you can stack 2 blocks on each corner to gain additional height...just going to take my time....going to look at the videos again and read the manual.....I'm already wondering why I didn't do this earlier....lol

You’re welcome Tom! It’s a great system and you’ll love it. Yes, you can stack blocks if there is room. I can’t because of lowered car and pick up points on V2V no flex bracket. I can’t even get the thicker rubber blocks I have under there. It’s all good since it lifts the car way high enough for me on the first setting for most work. I will use the high setting/lock when I do the headers and need more room. Best wishes and enjoy!!!!

Old 04-20-2019   #99
bhedberg

The point many are missing is that when the device is on the "locks" it is no longer acting as a jack but is acting no differently than a jack stand, albeit a single one holding up an entire half the car. Four post lifts have locks as well. Nobody seems to have trouble working under those. A single jack stand has a "lock." Sometimes it is a horizontal bolt, another style is the one where the shaft has a saw-tooth mechanism. It seems these "lo-jacks" are just as safe as anything else when the weight is born by the locks. Of course the locks are designed and constructed to not fail within the specified load limits. They are, aren't they?
1990 #1471
Founding #006
Former Membership Director
NCM member
Grand Sport registry
bhedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019   #100
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhedberg View Post
The point many are missing is that when the device is on the "locks" it is no longer acting as a jack but is acting no differently than a jack stand, albeit a single one holding up an entire half the car. Four post lifts have locks as well. Nobody seems to have trouble working under those. A single jack stand has a "lock." Sometimes it is a horizontal bolt, another style is the one where the shaft has a saw-tooth mechanism. It seems these "lo-jacks" are just as safe as anything else when the weight is born by the locks. Of course the locks are designed and constructed to not fail within the specified load limits. They are, aren't they?

For me I’m not missing any point about what the QJ is and does. Everyone has different needs and space requirements. The QJ is perfect for me and I researched for a while as well and waited for them to get the bugs out of it. It is way safer than jack stands and much easier to use. Different strokes for different folks is all. There has not been any accidents I could find and there are videos of tests way above the weight capacities stated. No debate intended, I just happen to love this system.