ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-01-2017   #61
Roadster

Default Re: Anybody using Quickjacks?

I can see the Quickjacks in my future......saving now!!!

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017   #62
32valvesftw

How high is the oil pan with these at full height. It looks like the car ends up a few inches lower than with Kwiklift, but Kwiklift will take up more room, and I am not sure my lowered vette will make up the ramp without scraping on the KL. I do think the KL seems more sturdy, but I have read that jacking the kL up from that u shaped member at the rear can be scary, and that the same member can roll down and hit you in the head after the car is raised and inplace, if you don't put a set screw in the sleeve. Is there any truth to these statements Kwiklift users?
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017   #63
Ahomans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
How high is the oil pan with these at full height. It looks like the car ends up a few inches lower than with Kwiklift, but Kwiklift will take up more room, and I am not sure my lowered vette will make up the ramp without scraping on the KL. I do think the KL seems more sturdy, but I have read that jacking the kL up from that u shaped member at the rear can be scary, and that the same member can roll down and hit you in the head after the car is raised and inplace, if you don't put a set screw in the sleeve. Is there any truth to these statements Kwiklift users?
To work underneath the ZR-1 or change the oil I use the large rubber blocks that come with the QuickJack and a hockey puck on each block. That raises the car enough to put a Home Depot 5 gallon bucket under the oil pan. If I need to get the car a little higher, I raise it up, then lower it with some 2x10 wood blocks under the wheels, add a piece of hard plywood to the lift points, and raise it again.
Ahomans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017   #64
-=Jeff=-

I have bumped my head on the jack tube due to me not the lift, but it never twisted down on its own to hit me.

My vette is lowered as well with the M1 prowler front air dam and I never had it scrape on my kwiklift. I have had my KL for 12 years and the only challenge is pulling the wheels off. I have two bridges and the front is easier to get on stands on the bridge. Although I see they now have a unijack with a bottle jack and jack stand all in one. That might work well for the rear on my kwiklift.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017   #65
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
I had a KwikLift before I bought a 4 post lift. KwikLift does take up storage space but you can remove the front supports & lay the runners & ramps flat on the floor. That allowed me to park my ZR-1 on the ramps when not in use. Not a big item to make ready for use. I "think" (it's been awhile) I made some wooden starter ramps that reduced the ramp angles.

It was never scary jacking up the KL from that U-member & don't recall any issues with it.

A KL benefit that I'm not seeing with the QJ, is that you can jack up the car while on the KL with a low profile floor jack & blocks for safety stands, on the KL. The KL always has the suspension unloaded whereas the KL always has suspension loaded. This raises the question in my mind..... how can you load the suspension on a QJ without upsetting the balance.

All said & done, there are advantages & disadvantages for each type of lift, just as there is for 4 post vs 2 post lifts.

Caveat: I have never used a QJ.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017   #66
Roadster

Getting closer to ordering the Quickjacks. Birthday just passed, Fathers Day is approaching....lol and just asking and receiving "donations" to help with the purchase. Having looked at both systems and reading all of the posts, along with watching Mike's video, Quickjacks will work for me.
I like the idea that it can be stored under the vehicle and be mobile if necessary. And that you have mobility under the vehicle if needed. All I would need to do is decide on what power unit to select. Since I have multiple outlets in the garage and also a dedicated outlet specifically for the garage itself, I would imagine the 110-volt AC unit would be the way to go...

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #67
GOLDCYLON

Might be a good deal for Texas members

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ck-5000-a.html
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017   #68
Tripler

Smile Re: Anybody using Quickjacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Getting closer to ordering the Quickjacks. Birthday just passed, Fathers Day is approaching....lol and just asking and receiving "donations" to help with the purchase. Having looked at both systems and reading all of the posts, along with watching Mike's video, Quickjacks will work for me.
I like the idea that it can be stored under the vehicle and be mobile if necessary. And that you have mobility under the vehicle if needed. All I would need to do is decide on what power unit to select. Since I have multiple outlets in the garage and also a dedicated outlet specifically for the garage itself, I would imagine the 110-volt AC unit would be the way to go...
Hey Tom . We went with the 110 volt . The battery option would suit well if your at the track and don't have a generator .
One issue I have had with the lift is if you do not use it for a bit , the hoses get an air or over pressurized trans oil lock in this case . What will happen is the quick connects will not release because of to much internal pressure. So I called the Quick Jack people which I got threw to quickly and they suggested I just loosen the threaded connections and bleed a bit of transmission oil out . Bingo . That did it, but have a few rags around to let it drip on and for clean up . They also said you will not have to top up the oil level in the hoses . The lift works fine again once I bled the lines . Only one end of the hose connection will need to be opened .
It 's a really great product and works as advertised . I was also able to mod my jack stands to support the lift should it decide to move which I am sure it will not having used it quite a few times now and seeing how stable and solid it feels when the car is raised . Put your everyday car up on the lift first to do your test lifts and try to move it by giving it a shove . It will be very solid and stable . Always use the rubber blocks that they send with the lift or you will damage your car and the lift .
Read the instructions from start to finish . Very important info of the do's and don'ts . And yes you can turn the lift and lift your car sideways if needed . Perfect lift if you do not have the height or space in your garage for a full lift .
Mike
Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017   #69
-=Jeff=-

The Quickjacks on my Kwiklift would be great.. LOL

I don't have room for a full lift, but the quick jacks would work well on the rails of my kwik lift I would think.. would make working on the brakes much easier.. takes me over an hour to the get the car on stands while on the kwik lift

EDIT QuickJack would be a replacement though, looking at the cost, I would be better off selling my Kwik-lift for these or just staying with my current set-up
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 09-22-2017 at 11:25 AM.
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017   #70
ssrszz4

For 2599.00 you can get a quilty 2 post 10k lift I really think that's the way to go.

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
ssrszz4 is offline   Reply With Quote