ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-25-2015   #1
Bob Eyres

Default 95' Lingenfelter Turbo ZR-1 - $65K

I don't know if this has been posted before, but one of John's Turbo cars is for sale at a dealer in Orlando.
It's a Red/Beige Automatic.

I believe I saw this car run an Beech bend back in the day, in the nines.

Wicked Machine, what's the history? And what do you guys think of the price?

http://www.allcollectorcars.com/for-...ette-/1693747/
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015   #2
GSJoe

Default Re: 95' Lingenfelter Turbo ZR-1 - $65K

A ZR-1 automatic!!! How interesting. I was not aware that any of our beloved C4 ZR-1 cars were so equipped, but I clearly see the automatic shift quadrant--or whatever it's called--in the picture showing the console. After seeing this I did a bit of surfing and found this link from last May which has even more information about the car. Check it out.

http://gatewayclassiccars.com/orland...zr-1-S152.html

Last edited by GSJoe; 09-25-2015 at 08:45 AM.
GSJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015   #3
Bob Eyres

I was told that, when these cars were built, the ZF6's would not hold up under the 800+hp., and were replaced with built automatics. Great for a drag car, but less fun for other purposes.
Old 09-25-2015   #4
GSJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Eyres View Post
I was told that, when these cars were built, the ZF6's would not hold up under the 800+hp., and were replaced with built automatics. Great for a drag car, but less fun for other purposes.
As I said, very interesting. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 09-25-2015   #5
GSJoe

By the way, Bob, you asked about the $65K price tag. I guess, dependent upon condition and one's desire to go fast--very fast, the price is not too bad for double the hp of a stock '95 ZR-1. I bought a dead stock '95 last year with just 1800 miles on the clock and paid only about $20K less than the asking price for this car. My motivation for what many would consider over-spending was the low miles, the new-like condition of the car and my intense desire to repeat the feelings I had about the ZR-1 when I bought my first brand new one in 1990. My '95 now has 5K miles on it and I still smile every time I drive it. What a great car!! So what do I say to the price of this Lingenfelter? "Hey, it's only money!"
Old 09-27-2015   #6
Fully Vetted

What else could you buy for $65k with that amount of power? We all know the platform is solid. If I had $65k to spend on another car I'd snatch it up in heart beat.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015   #7
Bob Eyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
What else could you buy for $65k with that amount of power? We all know the platform is solid. If I had $65k to spend on another car I'd snatch it up in heart beat.
Very true. And that's not even considering that it's the most powerful C4 ZR-1 from the best, and most famous, Corvette tuner of all time.
And the fact there are less than 1/2 dozen of them in existence, makes it one of a handful of C4 ZR-1's that are truly among the most "collectable" of Corvettes.

Here's one that some smart collector can sit on, assured that the value is going to soar in coming years, like an L88.
Old 09-28-2015   #8
grahambehan

This is actually Paul's car that was sold in Indy a few years back. The car was a Manual trans when it left LPE. The only LPE auto install on these cars was Norm's, which is the car that ran 9's at Beech Bend.

Graham.
grahambehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015   #9
Fully Vetted

I wonder who did the conversion?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015   #10
gbrtng

Pete