ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-26-2021   #31
mcich7781

Default Re: Tire Replacement Suggestions

Both Costco and Discount Tire have none in stock and other than maybe Michelin will have more information in 6 to 8 weeks. I not sure what to do now to find those 335's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
mcich7781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021   #32
lfalzarano

Default Tire Replacement Suggestions

From my experience most of the tire manufacturers put out new stuff late March. The Michelin?s I bought from Discount Tire had a November date of the prior year. I got them between March and April. But since you will be snow bound in IL until late May, just work on other car issues.

I just checked Discount Tire and they can deliver the 335/35 R17 in 1-5 days. Price is $377/each.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by lfalzarano; 01-26-2021 at 01:16 PM.
lfalzarano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021   #33
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
From my experience most of the tire manufacturers put out new stuff late March. The Michelin?s I bought from Discount Tire had a November date of the prior year. I got them between March and April. But since you will be snow bound in IL until late May, just work on other car issues.

I just checked Discount Tire and they can deliver the 335/35 R17 in 1-5 days. Price is $377/each.

That's not a bad price!

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021   #34
ZR2

I just had Toyo Extensa HP II's put on. They came in both front and rear exact sizes. There are fewer and fewer tires that are made in matching sizes. Tire Rack at the time did not have really any in stock from one manufacture and the correct sizes. I found them with Tirebuyer, which is just like Tire rack, just smaller. For all 4 tires I paid $545 which included sales tax etc. Drop shipped to a local Tire place and they put them on and did an alignment. Between the new tires and the alignment, which it needed the car now tracks straighter and does not wander over uneven surfaces. It was less than $200 for the alignment and mounting. The previous tires the the Previous owner put on were Yokahamas. The old tires had plenty of tread, but I knew they were old.........as it turns out made in ......2006!!! Haven't driven too far, but I can tell that they are so far much smoother and seem quiet and seem to handle better.
ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021   #35
ZR2

The only knock on the tires.........is a W speed rating.....168 mph, so I will keep in under the limit!!!!!
ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021   #36
Mr.Yuck

I run the Goodyear GSD3's Great handling tire and great in the rain but super loud road noise. Not pleasant a long trips..

Sent from my SM-N981U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Mr.Yuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021   #37
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2 View Post
I just had Toyo Extensa HP II's put on. They came in both front and rear exact sizes. There are fewer and fewer tires that are made in matching sizes. Tire Rack at the time did not have really any in stock from one manufacture and the correct sizes. I found them with Tirebuyer, which is just like Tire rack, just smaller. For all 4 tires I paid $545 which included sales tax etc. Drop shipped to a local Tire place and they put them on and did an alignment. Between the new tires and the alignment, which it needed the car now tracks straighter and does not wander over uneven surfaces. It was less than $200 for the alignment and mounting. The previous tires the the Previous owner put on were Yokahamas. The old tires had plenty of tread, but I knew they were old.........as it turns out made in ......2006!!! Haven't driven too far, but I can tell that they are so far much smoother and seem quiet and seem to handle better.
Thanks for the feedback on the Toyos. I was looking at them too, as I hope to put a bunch of miles on mine, and having a tire that can handle a little rain is a bonus. Plus, I do hope to wear out, not age out, my tires.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021   #38
wprice

Hi Guys,

Not having any luck finding the Michelin PS2 275/40/17, any suggestions?

Wayne
94 #79 Black on Black
15 Audi RS7 Matte Daytona Gray
04 #1570 Super Charged Z16 Z06 Sold
wprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021   #39
lfalzarano

Default Tire Replacement Suggestions

Discount Tire has 275/40/17?s and will ship 1-5 business days.

Old 04-23-2021   #40
wprice

They do not have the Michelin PS2 in that size. I just called to confirm. The best they could do for me is Nitto 555 G2.. Any comment on these tires?

Wayne
94 #79 Black on Black
15 Audi RS7 Matte Daytona Gray
04 #1570 Super Charged Z16 Z06 Sold
wprice is offline   Reply With Quote