ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 01-11-2014   #81
Franke

Default Re: to my FBI brothers

Just some more info...I have a 9'3" ceiling height and have a 64 Chevelle Malibu SS vert on top of my Z with about 5" of room left. I was surprised how well it all worked out. 1 thing I did do was get a Liftmaster jack shaft garage door lift and eliminated the center ceiling GD opener. Also extended the door tracks so the door is 2"s from the ceiling for more room.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corvette and show 2009 039.jpg (97.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Franke; 01-11-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #82
edram454

You guys have great garages and awesome lifts. I took my Z to Islamorada in the Florida Keys which is about 40 minutes from my house. It was a hot and sunny day and I went on the 7 mile bridge which has been totally repaired. It does offer passing lanes and of course you know what that means.. passing tons of cars at 130 mph ... oh yeah!! car runs great.. a little cold down here would be nice.. we dont have seasons here... just one long summer. It has its positives and negatives.... like everything else. I have a one car garage so not much I can do with that. I dont want to buy a bigger house because it costs me peanuts to live. I bought a foreclosure and paid 1/4 of the cost so its stress free but.... i dont have a 2 car garage for the first time in my life... oh well...
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #83
Racinfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Hi Brett- The garage was super clean when I installed the lift and took the picture. With our weather lately it is now a mess! I don't use the original steel ramps--they weigh too much and in my situation I have to put them on and off regularly. I got some Race Ramps which are only about 15 pounds. They work great. Also, I have replaced a couple of antennas and am contemplating installation of an antenna switch which some have done. Sorry I don't have a better picture handy, but in the one below you can barely make out at the bottom a sign I have posted on the lift in block letters: "LOWER ANTENNA". -- Bob

Wife wants to know how many times you have hit your head when getting out of your DD you park under the lift?
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #84
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Bob,

Yours is a 2.5car garage? What did the insulation cost you? I know I don't have any in my garage attic. Blowing it into the sidewalls would help rest of the house too. I do have a pair of insulated coveralls however. A bit cheaper.
Hi Dom--
The insulation cost $900 as I recall and I am not certain that was the best price available. You might be able to rent a blower from home depot and do it yourself for less. I seriously doubt that the walls were actually filled up, but not worrying about it, as the ceiling was well covered.

My garage is 21'x21' with an 18' wide door. The door width helps a lot, as does the 21' overall width. Gets the lift post right at the edge of the door opening with a couple of feet of space to the wall. One thing I had to do was get a 90 degree bracket for the motor/pump mount which mounts it between the posts rather than sticking out towards the wall. There are a number of pictures and comments on the installation in my albums section. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #85
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Wife wants to know how many times you have hit your head when getting out of your DD you park under the lift?
I don't hit my head at all getting in and out but I have been doing it for a year and a half now so I am used to getting in and out a certain way. But I had a few reminders early on. The DD is wide enough that there is only a little ramp sticking out beyond the side of the car. It is a bigger problem if I bring home a narrower MINI Cooper from work and don't pay attention. Also when taking groceries out of the passenger door I need to pay more attention--hit a couple of times. And if I have passengers I usually remind them to watch their heads. But overall quite liveable and my wife has parked her 335xi under it from time to time without incident --Bob
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 01-13-2014   #86
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Just some more info...I have a 9'3" ceiling height and have a 64 Chevelle Malibu SS vert on top of my Z with about 5" of room left. I was surprised how well it all worked out. 1 thing I did do was get a Liftmaster jack shaft garage door lift and eliminated the center ceiling GD opener. Also extended the door tracks so the door is 2"s from the ceiling for more room.
Hi Franke--
I did the same with the Liftmaster 3800 and raised the tracks as well. Lots of pics of my setup in my albums--click on my avatar. Looks a lot like yours.--Bob
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 01-13-2014   #87
Franke

Good pics Bob. My GD opener is identical to yours. Did you get the backup battery option in your Liftmaster?
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote