ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 05-31-2010   #31
VetteMed

Default Re: Mom Resigns

Thanks for all you have done to bring ZR-1 owners together, I know that without the access to all of the info here, I'd have been less likely to get so involved in these great cars. Best wishes to you and your family.

Andrew
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #32
C1ANDZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteMed View Post
Thanks for all you have done to bring ZR-1 owners together, I know that without the access to all of the info here, I'd have been less likely to get so involved in these great cars. Best wishes to you and your family.

Andrew
My thoughts exactly.
C1ANDZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #33
jrd1990zr1

Mom,

I am a relative newbie and have only met you a couple of times but your dedication to our hobby was always apparent. I wish you and your family well in all your new ventures.

John
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #34
W i l l

Mom,

I can say that you have done the "job" very well. It has always been a comfort to know that you are there, looking over us children and keeping the flame burning strong in the ZR-1 community. Words cannot express the appreciation that I have for your unselfish leadership. Your honor is above reproach. Even though not in a formal leadership role, I know that you will continue leading this group informally and keep the great listserver going.

A million, six thousand, nine hundred and thity-nine thank you's,

Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
Thanks everyone!

It was not an easy decision, everyone knows that you've all been like family to me and will continue to be so. You also know I've put my heart and soul into this club and the ZR-1 since 1993.

Family comes first and I sold my ZR-1 several years ago to support my Son for college. The good news his he is graduating this weekend. In fact I'm in Savannah GA right now it's been a long 4 years... Now if he can only find a job.

Many things have changed over the last couple of years, laid off, new job, and now getting ready to start yet another new job. I've always felt that if you can't do a job well then don't do it at all. Right now I just can't give the devotion to the Registry that is needed so I'm stepping down but not going away. I will continue to work in the background.

The ZR-1 Net Registry will always have my full support.

Thanks!
Mom

Last edited by W i l l; 06-01-2010 at 04:01 PM.
W i l l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #35
vandornjim

I just heard Dave Bright was resigning from the board of the Net Registry. I hardly know what to say.

I think it was back in early 1991....

I was reading a Corvette Fever magazine and found a small mention of a new club strictly for ZR-1?s. I sent in my info and despite my immediate response, I was member number #21. The internet was a very new thing but we soon learned of a special list for just ZR-1 enthusiasts. Some guy named Dave Bright from New Hampshire was doing it.

I called Dave and we became friends. No, let me say we became brothers. Dave?s list afforded us the opportunity to create havoc and havoc we did. I became ?monitored? whatever that meant but couldn?t wait to get back in there and fight it out with the keyboard Rambos and of course, my special friend Mr Rover.

I?ve shared a sincere and long lasting friendship with Dave and his contributions to the ZR-1 hobby are immeasurable. He has provided all of us with a wealthy depository of information and he has led us for nearly 20 years on the net. But I have one complaint.

It would have been so nice to have been able to show our gratitude at this year?s 20th Anniversary Gathering. Now we have to wait a whole year.

Jvd, Founding Member
ZR-1 Net (1992??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
Thanks everyone!

It was not an easy decision, everyone knows that you've all been like family to me and will continue to be so. You also know I've put my heart and soul into this club and the ZR-1 since 1993.

Family comes first and I sold my ZR-1 several years ago to support my Son for college. The good news his he is graduating this weekend. In fact I'm in Savannah GA right now it's been a long 4 years... Now if he can only find a job.

Many things have changed over the last couple of years, laid off, new job, and now getting ready to start yet another new job. I've always felt that if you can't do a job well then don't do it at all. Right now I just can't give the devotion to the Registry that is needed so I'm stepping down but not going away. I will continue to work in the background.

The ZR-1 Net Registry will always have my full support.

Thanks!
Mom
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #36
Z Factor

Thumbs up Re: Mom Resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandornjim View Post
I just heard Dave Bright was resigning from the board of the Net Registry. I hardly know what to say.

I think it was back in early 1991....

I was reading a Corvette Fever magazine and found a small mention of a new club strictly for ZR-1?s. I sent in my info and despite my immediate response, I was member number #21. The internet was a very new thing but we soon learned of a special list for just ZR-1 enthusiasts. Some guy named Dave Bright from New Hampshire was doing it.

I called Dave and we became friends. No, let me say we became brothers. Dave?s list afforded us the opportunity to create havoc and havoc we did. I became ?monitored? whatever that meant but couldn?t wait to get back in there and fight it out with the keyboard Rambos and of course, my special friend Mr Rover.

I?ve shared a sincere and long lasting friendship with Dave and his contributions to the ZR-1 hobby are immeasurable. He has provided all of us with a wealthy depository of information and he has led us for nearly 20 years on the net. But I have one complaint.

It would have been so nice to have been able to show our gratitude at this year?s 20th Anniversary Gathering. Now we have to wait a whole year.

Jvd, Founding Member
ZR-1 Net (1992??)
Well said as usual.

I think it is hard for many to put down into words everything they feel Dave has done for us as individuals, or collectively. The reason is because he has done so much over the years, a few mere words hardly seems adequate to describe the totality of his efforts.
I'm sure we are all happy to hear he is not completely leaving, and will remain with us in any capacity he is able to, considering his limited time at this stage in his life.

So Dave, I echo all the well deserved comments, and all the warm feelings people have for the incredible amount of time, effort, and love you have given of yourself. It is something you should be very proud of because we will always be eternally grateful.

JIM
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote