ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-28-2011   #11
rhipsher

Default Re: Probably the coolest Zr-1 videos I've ever seen

These videos are not new. I posted them up a couple of years ago. It got about the same reaction. Most enjoyed it but there were a few that just wanted to pick it apart.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #12
Torchred96

To the complete novice..like me, all I am seeing is the zr1 sounding spectacular and passing a lot of obviously more expensive cars...many of them seem to be holding their own in terms of acceleration and then being overtaken in the turns.

I didn't know that this is not allowed in the states. I thought he was just being an aggressive driver. So, are you saying then that only reason he is passing everyone is not due to skill or a superior car, but rather the others are simply yielding to his haphazard driving? Well, now that you mention it, I can see that too. But that wasn't my first impression of the video. All I could think of is making the wrong decision left or right and ending up rear ending someone....but, again, I just thought that's why racing is not for me.

No apologies necessary, however maybe just stating the facts about what is allowed and what is not allowed would have come across more constructively.
Torchred96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #13
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred96 View Post
So, are you saying then that only reason he is passing everyone is not due to skill or a superior car, but rather the others are simply yielding to his haphazard driving?
I'm not an expert at all. But that is what those videos always looked like to me. Look at the 1 min mark of that first video, the guy divebombs the inside of two cars, cuts across to the inside of the next turn (look how close that GT3 is in his mirror as he does it), divebombs another guy, then slides all the way across the track practically losing it.

How would you like to be out there in your personal vehicle, no insurance coverage, etc, with a guy driving like that? He's not paying to fix your car if he hits you.

I mean, you want to be aggressive with the car, but that guys' videos always struck me as reckless.

Cool to watch though.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #14
USAFPILOT

No way y'all...the coolest ZR-1 video out there is the one Rhipsher has of me running the qtr with the power key off!

As far as heel toe shifting in our car, I have no idea how to do it. I've tried numerous times and can't figure out how to position my feet. I can match revs down shifting, but cannot brake at the same time. Maybe our pedals aren't setup right?

Last edited by USAFPILOT; 09-28-2011 at 08:34 PM.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #15
MikeGolf

What is the purpose of a bunch of cars with roll bars on a race track other than competition. The point is to win. I wouldn't want to have that power and have to follow a slower car around the track all day. I can do that on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Where I come from rubbing is racing.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #16
Torchred96

Well, like I said, I just thought this sport was for people with way more money than I could imagine and where you dont care about wrecking your or someone else's car. I didn't know they didn't have some kind of track insurance or even if that exists. or if it was his car or someone else that paid him to go out and race it like he stole it. ..lots of I dunno's actually

I didn't say I would like to be out there with these guys on the track..I just didnt know that wasn't allowed in the states. I'm with the other guys though who said, what's the point of following a slow car around the track.

I thought the guy was there to race and was doing a good job. Now that you put it as you do, I'm thinking ...how inconsiderate. Like i said, i just didnt know what the rules were..and really still dont.

and again, as a first impression, it looks like the guy is doing very well and doing the z proud. ...who knew he was being an idiot..I didn.t

I stand corrected I guess.
Torchred96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #17
Aurora40

Nothing I saw suggested it is a race. It looks like a driving event, where the goal is to have fun. I'd find it hard to have fun if that guy was driving near me. there are also generally acceptable areas/ways of passing. You aren't stuck behind people slower, but you can't just run them off the track either.

Though even in a race, some amount of courtesy/professionalism is expected. Otherwise just get a push bar and hit everyone in the rear 1/4, spin 'em off the track.

Anyway, whatever. The vids are cool. I guess different strokes when it comes to driving style.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Aurora40; 09-28-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #18
HADI-ZR1
Banned
BANNED

Wink Re: Probably the coolest Zr-1 videos I've ever seen

Racing in ZR-1 as in that track , you have to be AGGRESSIVE, you should have DRAGON HEART, and to have SOUL in your Z.
HADI-ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #19
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post

Though even in a race, some amount of courtesy/professionalism is expected. Otherwise just get a push bar and hit everyone in the rear 1/4, spin 'em off the track.

now this is a form of racing I can get behind
Old 09-29-2011   #20
rhipsher

If you can't afford to wreck your car road racing or drag racing then you should'nt be doing it in the first place. I suspect 90% can't afford it.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote