ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-03-2014   #251
Schrade

Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
There should be no need for multiple "ping"s. A few pings is all that is needed to be registered in the "arp" cache in each server/router along the path. Once in the arp cashe(table) it does indeed "lubricate" the flow in that the DNS lookup for the target no longer needs to be looked up. A better way is a trace route (tracert) command since on most servers the info is kept longer (timeout for data).
There are various incantations of this but the simplest is:
tracert corvettemuseum.org
Then sit back and watch the path your network request takes through all them there pieces of hardware.

Another little secret is to do multiple browser requests for the address. That is if you notice a delay in getting to you target address simply resubmit the address OR "refresh" the page request. It's like punching a hole through a clogged sewer line with a snake
Doesn't mater what browser, what OS, what hardware or what day of the week it is. This works.
You're a little over my head there Scott...

But it seems that once you HAVE the datapath to corvettemuseum.org domain established in ONE browser page, do you HAVE TO establish it again, with more browser pages to the site? Won't that 'clog' your OWN hardware - again, IF you already have the datapath established???

And even if you do NOT, isn't the syn-ack the first order?

Anyway, they did WELL dropping the '93 rubber down. Well done guys!

Wonder why they didn't drop it on to a dolly?

Anyone know where they drove the Z to? None of the other cams showed a truck outside the museum, and none showed the Z outside... Is it inside the museum elsewhere???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Ok guys I'm gonna really sound like a dumb here - but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about
No idea what Linux or Unix is. I run Vista on a 5 yr old HP laptop. What is a "command line interface"? Or a "tracert"? Now the "multiple browser request" deal I can figure that out. Just keep hittin "refresh" on the webcam page correct?
ed.:
I'm not sure if Scott was agreeing with me there racinfan, but either way, to get a command line in Windows, click Start, then 'Run, and in the dialogue box, type cmd.exe. That give a Command Line Interface. Type ping corvettemuseum.exe. Your computer will send a rudimentary signal to corvettemuseum.org. Kind of like saying 'Hello'? Are you there? "Keep Talking To Me here".

Linux is a free operating system. Better than Windows is EVERY WAY. You can try it without changing your own PC. Download it [Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Long Term Support) ], burn a CD, and re-boot up from CD.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 03-03-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #252
Racinfan83

Well Miss Ruby don't look so good....

[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #253
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Well Miss Ruby don't look so good....

Are you at the museum racinfan? Anyone else on the boards there?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #254
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I think this is from Webcam Skydome 2

Here is a video of one of the recoveries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SYXGtbAe4w

And since there seems to be a path resolution issue to the Webcam Skydome camera, here is a direct link for tomorrow
if the same should happen:
http://ncm-skydome.click2stream.com/

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people

Last edited by scottfab; 03-03-2014 at 06:06 PM.
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #255
Fully Vetted

I can't get a feed from that link anymore.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #256
Fully Vetted

Maybe they will crank up production of some windshields for us. They will need some if they're going to restore them back to original.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #257
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
I can't get a feed from that link anymore.
You can use this direct link:
http://ncm-skydome.click2stream.com/
and also
http://ncm-skydome2.click2stream.com/

These links should be good tomorrow IF the path from the NCM webpage fails again.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people

Last edited by scottfab; 03-03-2014 at 06:21 PM.
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #258
Racinfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
No I got this pic from the NCM Facebook site.

I will try that command line thing. Thanks for explaining!
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #259
USAFPILOT

ruby red LT1 is jacked up
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #260
Blue Flame Restorations

40th is mostly cosmetic. Body panel replacement on a C4 is nothing compared to most other generations of the marque.
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote