ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

View Poll Results: Would you opt for a Lifetime Membership if it were available?
Yes 23 28.05%
No 29 35.37%
Maybe (more info needed or depending on price) 30 36.59%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2013   #21
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Lifetime Membership discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
...If there were a lifetime membership, it must be more than $350. The Registry doesn't make much on membership. If you freeze the annual cost of membership at $350 for a lifetime, the Registry will be losing money in just a few years, due to the cost of goods and G&A expense. I think it needs to be on the order of $1,000.00 or greater.
I absolutely agree.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #22
Kevin

the registry has always been open to anyone who loves the zr-1, having one or not has never been a requirement...
Old 01-23-2013   #23
Fully Vetted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
the registry has always been open to anyone who loves the zr-1, having one or not has never been a requirement...
And it still wouldn't be a requirement. Absolutely anyone could still join.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #24
mike100

I'm a car switcher so I never know how long I'll have any particular ride, but my other feeling is the club will raise more money over time with regular annual dues.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #25
HIZNHRZ

At one time the stated objective of the ZR-1 Net Registry was to promote the education, preservation, and restoration of ZR1 Corvette to owners, general public, sports car enthusiasts, and collectors.

Here's another crazy idea. The purpose of stating a purpose, mission, or objective is as a measure of accountability. It helps to insure a team, club, organization, etc doesn’t lose its way. If an action is taken or decision is made, any action or decision, does it move us towards or away from our stated objective?

If the clubs purpose is still to promote the education, preservation, and restoration of ZR1 Corvette to owners, general public, sports car enthusiasts, and collectors; and if so, what are the facts, risks, and assumptions and where is the business case that demonstrates moving towards lifetime membership makes sense as a defendable and prudent step towards our stated purpose?

Last edited by HIZNHRZ; 06-26-2013 at 03:29 PM.
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #26
ZR1

I was looking for the place to pay for the right to be a lifetime member here when I stumbled upon this thread. Not sure about the suggested $350 dollar or higher cost though. It really doesn't cost much to maintain a forum with a domain name. Other forums I am a member of charge less than $20 for yearly and less than $100 for lifetime. Let's not forget supporting vendors who can advertise their products. They also have banner ads that display to the non-paying members.

After going back and reading some of the comments on this thread, it seems some of the members of this forum considers this forum strictly as a ZR-1 LT5 club. Hate to say it, but as a Z06 owner, I feel a little left out by some of the comments I have read thus far considering I am planning on owning a newer ZR1. As it is, this is the closest thing to a ZR1 forum I can find. I can only hope you all consider opening your arms to C6 ZR1 owners as well. I'll save my drawn out comments on what I had to do just to figure out what the random answer was to even join this forum. Obviously it is not LS9 or Supercharged. Now that I look at the banner, this sight is exclusive to C4 ZR-1.

Currently as a non ZR-1 owner but rather a future ZR1 owner and a true Corvette enthusiast, my comments might not hold much water. Who knows, I might be rubbing some the wrong way. But keep in mind, there are many like me who would support this Corvette forum as long as it shows a long term business plan by promoting yearly and lifetime membership plans along with open arms to all ZR1 Corvette owners, past, present, or future.

With all that said, how is this forum supported? There has to be ads somewhere or someone is being very generous.

If I may be so bold as the latest noobie on this forum and an average webmaster, may I suggest to the administrators of this forum to look into Z06Vette.com forum and see how they do business. Success breeds success!

For the record, I am only providing a fresh perspective to what I have seen in the short amount of time I have been here. I would not be offended if anyone were to tell me to go pound sand.

If you can't tell, I am all about promoting anything Corvette, especially ZR1. As a future ZR1 owner, I would consider buying this sight if someone is willing to sell it just to allow newer ZR1 owners a place to communicate. I know a good investment when I see one. This is why I drive, race, and show Corvettes. Corvette is best bang for the buck!

You all have a great forum here and for the current price to be here, nobody can complain, especially me.
Old 08-14-2013   #27
tomtom72

I'm not the welcome wagon, but ZR1 and welcome to our little corner of the asylum!

I'm not gonna tell you to 'go pound sand' as I know beans about running a forum! I will say this we had a general discussion about other "Z" cars awhile back and our general feeling was that "sure, the more the merrier".

To be blunt, this place exists as a ZR-1 forum so that us ZR-1 owners can take care of our cars. Well, so that guys like me can learn enough hopefully to take care of our cars. Don't take this the wrong way, but our motor makes it an absolute must for us to band together. After all, you can't turn around without tripping over traditional sbc info or LSx series motor info....try that with an LT5.

Beyond the motor issues though, we have had C6 ZR1's and LT-1 ZR1's owners hang with us at our events. We welcome those people to hang out and chew the fat.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #28
DaveK

Welcome to the forum ZR1. The forum (and ZR-1 Net Registry club) were initially created to support C4 ZR-1 owners as that was all that existed at the time. That said, we're happy to welcome C6 ZR1 owners also and several of our members have both ZR-1s and ZR1s.

There is no advertizing on the forum or our website. On our website we have some small banners lining to sponsors of the club and we may add them to the forum but we're not looking to go down the mass banner ads route here.

Support for the forum and website come from membership dues paid by joining the zr-1 net registry club. If you're interested you can join through the store on our website (www.zr1netregistry.com). Membership also provides access to special members-only events, an annual t-shirt and member discounts in our store and with other vendors.

Although the organization historically was for the older ZR-1s I'm sure everyone is more than happy to welcome our "younger" bretheren and if we can attract more we could create some ZR1 specific sections for those members.

Dave
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #29
RyanChappel

Default As a relatively short-term member...

I consider this a ZR-1 LT-5 club. The message content and resource base on this site is amazing because it is so focused on the 90-95 Z's. I believe there are numerous other places owners of other Corvette specialty cars can frequent which provide similar, in-depth support and items of interest concerning their cars. This site is unique, and needs to stay that way.

My $.02

"Don't Mean Nuthin' "

(War Zone C, RVN, 1969)
RyanChappel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #30
Franke

I vote no. Several reasons listed in the above posts as well as I believe a club like this needs a constant source of income to remain intact and viable. The perks and get together events aren't cheap to put on and costs will go up in the future. Funny how that works.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote