ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Personal Racing Stories

Old 08-15-2005   #1
Z Factor

Default VIDEO: Porsche doing a fast lap at Nurburgring

I wish we had courses like this somewhere.

http://www.edo-competition.net/movie...eife_gt2rs.wmv

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #2
ffvetteman

That is way cool!!

Its funny, I am doing the 24 hour race at that track in GT4 and it is crazy how the video game is just like the real track.

Very cool video!!!
ffvetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #3
Patton

Default Re: VIDEO: Porsche doing a fast lap at Nurburgring

I was thinking the same damn thing (about GT4),... exact copy from the real track... And jesus, what kind of porche was that?
You know, one thing that pisses me off is all of the Gran Turismo games portray ALL american production sports cars to be big heavy behemoths that handle like 10 ton blocks of steel, and understeer if you look at them wrong. Damn japs, that game cracks me up, you can absolutely mod the living hell out of a 1989 mazda rx-7 to damn near 1000hp but they will only let you barely tweek a ZO6 to about 650...
Old 10-02-2005   #4
Bell Curve

Good point Patton.
Bell Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #5
ffvetteman

Dont get me started on how the game portrays American cars. I am afraid to buy the ZR-1 because I am sure it will be portrayed as a POS.

Plus its amaizing how there are 15 different Nissian Skylins and 350Zs etc but 1 ZR-1, and a very few selection of Corvettes in general.

Plus did you see how the Superbird drives?? They make it handle and brake like a tank. Thats the main prob with that game...
ffvetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #6
NJZR1

Wow, I'm exhausted!

Great video, thanks for sharing!
NJZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #7
WB9MCW

Arrow Re: VIDEO: Porsche doing a fast lap at Nurburgring

oh boy here we go again...little red square gettin called out on his comments...I love u man,can't we alll just get along...lol...pease out Nice vid Z-factor looked like the porch was really movin, audio was good too!!! now it would be nice to ride virtual shotgun in a vette roung the same track 4 compairson!!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 11-09-2005 at 09:25 PM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #8
Jim Jones

I couldn't get the video link to work, but if it is the same one I have seen in the past and the Porche is yellow, older looking 911 it, was an RUF, whatever that is.

I have driven the 'ring many times on X-Box's Project Gotham Racing 2. The C5 Z06 really runs that track well, but my favorite runs are done in an Enzo. I can't wait to get PGR3!!

Also, I didn't know that they let regular people drive on that track. I don't know the exact requirements, but, my God, that would be awesome!!

I subscribed to this website:
www.nurburgring-videos.com

If you want to go there and look at some of the vids but don't want to register, just use mine. Username is: Jims ZR-1 and the password is kmj1096. There are some really cool videos on the site.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/koolaid117/Montage.gif[/IMG]
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #9
ZR1FUN

Noobie to being a ZR1 owner and have been enjoying the old threads. Great video and track. Ruf is a german high performance Porsche builder. I just happened to see something on another vette site about his stuff and took a peek.
ZR1FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #10
Z Factor

Thumbs up Re: VIDEO: Porsche doing a fast lap at Nurburgring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1FUN
Noobie to being a ZR1 owner and have been enjoying the old threads. Great video and track. Ruf is a german high performance Porsche builder. I just happened to see something on another vette site about his stuff and took a peek.
Indeed, watching video's like that makes you want to put the pedal to the metal. I just wish there more legal places to let of ZR-1's breath properly.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote