ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2024   #1
Will69camaro

Default New Member, New Owner, Existing Car - 1992 ZR-1

Hey everyone, I had the pleasure of purchasing this 1992 ZR-1 from a forum member, Chuck Banks.

Chuck took excellent care of the car from when he got it in 1994 with 11,000 miles on it, through the day when he let it go to me last week with 102k!

He made a few minor cosmetic changes including the A-Molds he acquired from a GM dealer in 1994 and the side vents to look like a 1995. Other than that the car retains nearly all original components with some maintenance along the way.

Car has the Accel injectors and a replacement fuel pump (still dual pump) as well as a rebuilt Remy starter.

Back to the start!
I was originally looking for ZR-1 in the 60-70k mile range as i plan to drive the car extensively and wanted a car that has had continual use. Primarily looking at 91-92 cars as i prefer the "new bumper" to the 1990 and my budget wasn't allowing for 93+ cars!

Searching the nation on Craigslist, I came across Chucks posting in the local (to him) search! Car is in a combination I like being White on Red, very classic Corvette combination, only issue was the distance!

I called Chuck and had a chat, had all the right answers and seemed like a great collector and caretaker, so I left a deposit and started working on plans to make the long drive out to get it. I would have LOVED to fly out and drive it back, but with spare parts, tools and most importantly WHEELS, I was left with trailer option.

Started the trip on Wednesday Jan 3, by driving from Houston to Tucson. Took forever to get out of Texas (12hrs) with a total first day drive of 16hrs.

Day 2 (Thursday) I got up early to make the drive to the car (Northern AZ) and back to Tucson before bad weather hit. Upon arrival Chuck and his wife were gracious hosts and got to see his amazing garage and collection. Lots of C2s which are a personal favorite.

Quick drive in the car and mechanical check and the deal was done. Started loading it up on the trailer for return trip back to Houston. On the way I met up with a brother that was passing through Tucson and we camped out with the kids and shared/showed off the car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZR-1 Garage.jpg (104.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Interior.jpg (131.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Trailer ZR1.jpg (102.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg ZR-1 Kids.jpg (120.1 KB, 36 views)
Will69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote