ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-04-2017   #31
MickeyD

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 2 available again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIke View Post
Thanks! I need some 325x19's... Some times these are quite cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Great tires. No probs here, in our weather anyway.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017   #32
Fully Vetted

I love my PS's but I'm dead in the water with a nail through the sidewall and now they don't come in a 335/30ZR18 anymore. I had to switch to Pirelli Rosso's. Got them from Tire Rack. Hopefully, they get here in time to go to BG.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017   #33
diamond zr1

David/I have a set of Michelins 335/30/18 mounted on oz wheels//the pair are 10 years old but look new/welcome to run them if you need/can send pictures/they are spare for my callaway cr1
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017   #34
rush91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
May I ask why ? I have always ran these vs the crap sumitomo's they look meaner and have the awesome big tread. Are the Pilot sports quieter? Have better grip? GC
Sumitomos are NOT crap.....1st not everyone has 1600 bucks laying around for new Goodyear's. 2nd, I'd like to know why you think they are crap? I love mine....tread has held up over 2 years of hard driving. There is virtually no road noise from these Sumos. Grip is just fine for me, I don't track my car and don't plan on it. I have never had any issue with mine.

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017   #35
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush91 View Post
Sumitomos are NOT crap.....1st not everyone has 1600 bucks laying around for new Goodyear's. 2nd, I'd like to know why you think they are crap? I love mine....tread has held up over 2 years of hard driving. There is virtually no road noise from these Sumos. Grip is just fine for me, I don't track my car and don't plan on it. I have never had any issue with mine.

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
My Z's are daily drivers. The tires (sumitomos) have exceedingly poor treadwear. Maybe it's the heat in Arizona? They have a smaller profile than any other tire that fits our Z and they are the tire you would expect to find on a potential car you plan on buying so the seller can state the car has new tires. Your mileage may vary however they are what they are cheap tires.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 05-23-2017 at 10:37 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017   #36
rush91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
My Z's are daily drivers. The tires (sumitomos) have exceedingly poor treadwear. Maybe it's the heat in Arizona? They have a smaller profile than any other tire that fits our Z and they are the tire you would expect to find on a potential car you plan on buying so the seller can state the car has new tires. Your mileage may vary however they are what they are cheap tires.

My Beast is a daily driver over the past 2 summers. Rain or shine, in fact it is a downpour this morning and my Z drove beautifully. My treadwear is non existent, I bought the Sumos when I bought the car 2 years ago...... and that was followed by about a week of random burnouts The Arizona heat could be a factor, so could driving styles. We can agree to disagree on this one. I know that Goodyear probably makes a better tire than Sumos. But from my seat time, I think they are a great quiet road tire, with a smooth ride.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote