ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-12-2017   #21
Kevin

Default Re: Added to the coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1North View Post
Beautiful choice, Bob; CONGRATULATIONS! A great mate for the '96 too. Where are you gonna put this one (ha)?

Kevin - don't believe everything you read. I have driven my 2016 Z06 in heavy traffic in high Florida temps with absolutely no engine temp issues whatsoever. I just arrived today at Spring Mountain (Ron Fellows) driving school for classes/track time this week, and I was talking to the guys that are preparing the Stingrays, GSs and Z06s for tomorrow. They told me that the heating issues are blown way out of proportion based on the punishment they see the cars put through here at the track in the Nevada dessert. They had some issues with some of the 2015 automatic Z06s but never with the manuals (M7s), and the issues that led to higher temps with the early automatics are now addressed. As for streetability, I am blown away at how much fun the power/torque combo of this LT4-M7-Z06 pkg. makes it to get from 0-70, and how smoothly it does it - fantastic street, touring and track car!
The overheating really comes into play at the track. Now I don't own one, haven't driven one, but from what I've heard from people who tested them say it's still an issue. This includes the folks at callaway. The issue seems to be is that gm put too small of a blower 1.8L on it and tried to spin it too fast. Either way It's still a damned impressive car
Old 06-13-2017   #22
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
Robert,
Congratulations!!
I also agree with your assessment of the two cars.
While the Z06 excels on the track and in bench racing, I also prefer the GS for actual road use.
Plus you sit much higher in the seat with all of those Franklins that remain in your wallet!
Enjoy them all!
Marty

Marty, I can take my Car to Ken Lingenfelter and get 650hp NA for half of what the additional cost would have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf95ZR1 View Post
Congratulations, Robert!
Beautiful!
I wonder why they don't continue the white stripe
through the front bumper. How do you think that
would look?

Ted

Ted, There is a member of the GSR that took a 2014 Z51 and converted it into a GS replica. The strip looks great in the back, It looks horrible in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng View Post
corral?

That is what happens after a 12 hour work day followed by a 6 hour connecting flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstyzr1 View Post
Awsome Robert!
Keep an eye on the paint between the front bumper and quarter panels.Attachment 6252

I bought the full 8yr/80K miles on Car, Wheels, Tires and Paint. Wasn't cheap, However 1 magnetic ride shock for that car is probably 33% of the cost. Add a wheel or two with driving in Chicago and Michigan, That is the remainder of the cost.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Very Nice Bob! The GS option wasn't available for 2016 & I am overwhelmed with my Z51 Stingray every time I drive it. No doubt the GS would have been my choice had it been available. I have one Corvette race car already, didn't need another. GREAT CHOICE!

Jerry, You took me for a ride in your 415 LPE, That is a serious machine.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, I have been working with this dealer since January to buy this exact car. We were close in April when GM offered 8K incentives for all GS with the big brakes. May and June offered no such incentive, When I called the salesmen he told me they would get me the price my wife agreed upon. Yes, I do listen to my wife when it comes to a large purchases like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017   #23
spork2367

When I first read this, I was thinking someone drove a ZR1 into the ocean...lol. Then I got it, corral. Great looking cars.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017   #24
ZR1North

I went through the same cost comparison analysis (modified Stingray vs GS vs Z06) last Sept before I bought the Z06. Things change, including incentives on different models. Here's the result of my analysis from nine months ago:

Stingray: $72,500 (3LT) + 13,500 (ACS kit, because I like the wide-body look of the GS and Z06) + $18,000 (Lingenfelter to get the LT1 to 650 HP) - Total: $104,000

GS: $78,800 (3LT) + $18,000 (Lingenfelter to get LT1 to 650 HP) - Total: $96,800 (there were no incentives on GS at the time, but I could probably have negotiated $5,000 off to knock the total back to $91,800 - then the question - would I really have modified the GS LT1...?)

Z06: $80,605 (1LT but with HUD). 650HP/650FTLB torque from factory. Started to look attractive, then the $8,039 factory incentive settled the debate.

Last edited by ZR1North; 06-16-2017 at 08:10 PM.
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017   #25
diamond zr1

and don't forget the z06 has a warrantee,and lots of better parts inside the motor,which allows changing blower,adding another easy 150 hp when you want to/I bought a new 2016 2lz with quite a few additional options for 70,500 at Christmas/24,000 off msrp//oh and 2 days at Ron Fellows at spring mountain too//no brainer
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017   #26
Fully Vetted

Nicely done, Robert. Congrats...

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017   #27
lfalzarano

Default Re: Added to the corral

Remember those are Summer only tires, unless you like 4 wheel drifts into the weeds!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 06-27-2017   #28
Billy Mild

Nice car Robert.
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017   #29
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
Remember those are Summer only tires, unless you like 4 wheel drifts into the weeds!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

There are no weeds in Michigan. My car is just about a month old and I still have not broke 100 miles on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
Nice car Robert.

Thanks Jeff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car

Last edited by cvette98pacecar; 06-28-2017 at 09:27 PM.
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017   #30
ABBEZR1

Nice car Robert, thanks for the time yesterday telling me about it!! It looks spectacular!! I look forward to seeing it this summer.

Steve,
1990 Bright Red/Black #946
B and B X-Pipe
Stainless Works Long Tube Headers
Cat delete
49th Street Rockers
Haibeck Chip and Tune
ABBEZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote