ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-13-2021   #11
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Tires for Shelby Series 1?s

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Looks like I?m just going to have to get anything I can right now.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021   #12
Fully Vetted

So, it looks like the BFG is on BO (rears) as are the Toyo 888's. They are still making them but DCT doesn't have a date they will be available. I can get the Pirelli's in about a week but the fronts will be P Zero Assymetrico's and the rear will be P Zero's. The tread pattern is the same but the ASM have a little stiffer outside wall if I'm understanding correctly. I never mix tires but this may work if the tread pattern is the same.

Thinking about ordering the Continental Extreme Contact but it's a summer tire and I don't want to think about the temp outside if I want to drive my car.

Still looking...

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Old 12-16-2021   #13
Jcsws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
So, it looks like the BFG is on BO (rears) as are the Toyo 888's. They are still making them but DCT doesn't have a date they will be available. I can get the Pirelli's in about a week but the fronts will be P Zero Assymetrico's and the rear will be P Zero's. The tread pattern is the same but the ASM have a little stiffer outside wall if I'm understanding correctly. I never mix tires but this may work if the tread pattern is the same.

Thinking about ordering the Continental Extreme Contact but it's a summer tire and I don't want to think about the temp outside if I want to drive my car.

Still looking...
I ordered a set of Fiske's in shelby sizes months ago and have had the same problem with tires. I have 888s on my shelby wheels, but the 335 is just unattainable right now. I ordered the Continental's from Tire Rack a few weeks ago and received them Monday. They had originally said they wouldn't ship until January; I was pleasantly surprised!

Nearly every tire in these sizes is a summer or race tire.
Jcsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022   #14
Fully Vetted

UPDATE: I went ahead with the Toyo 888s as nothing else was available. OMG, these are the stickiest tires I have ever owned. They have outrageous cornering capability. Beyond what I am willing to test on the street at this stage of my life. With a tread rating of 100 I don't expect them to last long but the second I put them on all my vibration issues went away so I really don't care. Now, I can start looking for a more permanent solution in more of a HP touring tire.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 08-29-2022   #15
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Tires for Shelby Series 1?s

I do not know if better or worse 8 months later. I changed to 18s with hopes of better options, but now it seems more options for the 17s. I ended up just going with Nitto NT555G2 front (275/35) and NT555RII rear (335/30). Others were either back ordered or ridiculous cost (Pirellis and mismatch) or wait for shipping by surface mail with TireRack for Continental. I ordered through Jegs with Racer Discount and $100 savings with special and free shipping $1,190.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 08-29-2022 at 05:45 AM.
HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote