ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-05-2014   #1
TomZR1

Default No start

Hi,guys it's been a while since I've been on forum yesterday started the 90z took it out of garage let it run for about 25 min, weather temp 78, turn it off,cleaned garage (about 20 min) went to start it and nothing,all lights and everything was on turned ignition nothing,no click nothing at all,battery good.so i pushed it in garage.waited 1/2 hour then went to start it and cranked wright up,so I was wondering by sitting in sun with motor running if something got hot ( sensor ) cooled off and was fine.has this happened to anyone
TomZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014   #2
alnukem

Default Re: No start

Probably the security. If I ever have a no start, I use the driver's side keyed entry.
alnukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014   #3
gbrtng

I'd put my money on a heat-soaked starter solenoid ... and yes, it happens to selected red cars only ... just kidding.
Old 07-06-2014   #4
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng View Post
I'd put my money on a heat-soaked starter solenoid ... and yes, it happens to selected red cars only ... just kidding.
I concur on heat soaked starter solenoid and concur also on red cars only......

I am not sure but adding the starter Relay seems to help as it cures the No Start Issue (I have installed this Relay on red cars only)

Starter Relay Tricks Starter Relay, Wiring Harness, and Plugs Tricks

See Item #2 Electrical Ground Connections and Installing Starter Relay

Last edited by Dynomite; 07-06-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014   #5
chriskinzel

I get the same problem sometimes, but it will crank until the battery is dead. Took my wife out for a special dinner and gave her a ride home in a AAA tow truck. It stared right un the next morning. Any ideas for this problem?

Chris
91 ZR-1 Red on Red #922
chriskinzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014   #6
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskinzel View Post
I get the same problem sometimes, but it will crank until the battery is dead. Took my wife out for a special dinner and gave her a ride home in a AAA tow truck. It stared right un the next morning. Any ideas for this problem?

Chris
That is not the same problem

Oh....and you need my Tow Hook See item #2 Lifting and Towing the ZR-1 Then your friends can tow you home and your wife can ride in comfort in your friends Pick-em-up-truck.

Ya.....the problem is no spark or no fuel

Also.....that good ole starter of yours is doing purty goot but running a full battery through it in one setting is not a nice way to treat the starter.

And...... The Tow Hook will save on the starter and just a quick tug in second gear with key on and popping the clutch will fire it right up if you have spark and fuel.

Just a note.....the jumper cables in the See item #2 Lifting and Towing the ZR-1 Emergency Kit is not for me but just in case I have to Jump the dead battery of a friend

Last edited by Dynomite; 07-08-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote