ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 01-19-2024   #51
Flyman 27

Default Re: FS Single fuel pump conversion for LT5

I will be leaving the country on Saturday & will not be back until Feb 5. I will not have access to the forum.
After you verify the info above, if the relays are new & the amperage is appripriate being drawn from the pump. The most likely culprit I can think of is the plastic fuel line clamp at the Fuel Pump. That would limit the max pressure the system would see.
Haven't seen one break yet, you would be the first, but it is more likely than a turbine pump failing.
IF The clamp has failed, replace it with a narrow steel clamp, don't overdo it & don't use a heavy clamp. You will break the pump trying to tighten it. The nozzle on the pump is not torque tollerant. Be very careful.
I am confident that you are experiencing one of the above issues. I have not seen one of these pumps fail yet and some guys have tons of miles on them.
IF you DO have a failed pump, I will replace it for you when I get back.
Please update theis forum or send me a PM on what you are finding.

These are the FP Relays I have been recommending and people have had good results with:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

91-#1935 Black/black & gray, Haibeck 500
Cams by Pete

Last edited by Flyman 27; 01-19-2024 at 04:43 PM.
Flyman 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024   #52
TallySpeedRacer

Dan,
After the first attempt at repair we replaced the secondary solenoid and fuel pressure regulator only because one was available. Upon start up we could only muster 31-32 psi at idle, and about 38 psi at 3500 rpm.
After removing your pump we did notice the clamp on the line connecting to the pump was broken, couldn't tell you if that happened on installation or removal.
Aaron Scott who is more of a corvette purist wanted to put two new Delphi pumps on the original assembly and clean up the faulty sending unit as this was the reason for replacement in the first place. So, after rebuilding and installation we were able to attain 42 psi at idle and 51 at 3500 rpm. We tested the car on the road and had the secondaries kick in without interruption or fault codes. The gas gauge also seems to be working for the time being.
I don't recall Aaron mentioning if he tested your pump for amp draw so I can't tell you if that was a problem.
I'm sorry I couldn't isolate a specific problem for you but do appreciate your feedback in helping me along the way.

Andre'
TallySpeedRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024   #53
Flyman 27

I don't get it. I must be missing something.
I figured out that the only thing I could think of that could cause what you were seeing would be a broken fuel hose clamp at the pump output.
The mechanic removed the sending unit & found a broken fuel hose clamp at the pump (like I figured) & decided to replace the whole unit anyway? For a 50 cent broken hose clamp?

Cams by Pete
Old 03-23-2024   #54
sgentilella

Are these still available? If yes, what is the lead time and payment options

Thanks
sgentilella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024   #55
Flyman 27

I have 1 in stock now, don't delay if you need it.
After that it will take 7-8 days to get more materials in.
I sell them on ebay for an easy, secure transaction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166637693615

Cams by Pete