ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 10-15-2014   #11
KILLSHOTS

Default Re: Looking to Buy ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06scentair View Post
The first thing that comes to mind for me is be sure you know what you really want.

The two cars you posted are entirely different animals. The 95 car in Texas is show ready Bloomington/NCRS. This car will be difficult to drive and maintain it's pristinism....lol is that a word?

The second car appears to be loved and owned by a ZR-1 person. This car having the 48k miles will be a driver and has been modified ie: tinted windows and chrome wheels.

To get the second car back to stock form your talking some fold over bills, while the first car is there. To modify the first car will require some fold over money as well.

12k difference in price is substantial, if your looking for a pristine under 10k mile 95 be preparred for 40k period, and know to maintain the investment you will not be able to drive it much.

If you want a driver find one with 50k, and above and save yourself alot of money, not to mention worry.

Best of luck in your search.

Brad
Brad's exactly right: the 2 cars you're currently considering are like apples and oranges. One is a nice driver and the other is a garage queen, so it sounds to me like it really comes down to what sort of car you want. As much as I'd like to have that Texas car in my garage, I myself would never consider even a single modification on that particular example and would be somewhat afraid to even drive it, quite frankly. The Orlando car would certainly be the better choice if you want to exercise the Permagrin!
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014   #12
Z51JEFF

Dont get cought up in the DUNN head hoopla,Id buy the cleanest car I could find.Heres the scoop on the DUNN heads if you havent heard it by now.BIRMAL heads where originally used on the cars from 90-94.At some point the founder that made the heads went out of business so GM had to find another founder to cast the heads and thats were DUNN comes in.People say the DUNN heads breath a little easier than the BIRMAL heads,not sure if that true or not.Some 95s have one of each head,go figure.That 94 with 18,000 miles is the car to get at a smokin price.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014   #13
B17 Crew

An observation, the Florida Z has ’95 gill panels rather than ’94 gill panels. When the seller states “The car is all original and not modified”, owner is likely referring the the motor. I’ve been drooling over that ’95 in Texas!

Good luck on your search!

B17 Crew
B17 Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #14
C4Ray
Banned
BANNED

Smile Re: Looking to Buy ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
That 94 with 18,000 miles is the car to get at a smokin price.
Thanks Jeff, but the Orlando 94' Z has 48,000 miles - Not 18,000.

So the Dunn Heads thing is no big deal. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by C4Ray; 10-16-2014 at 12:08 AM.
C4Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #15
C4Ray
Banned
BANNED

Another Competition Yellow Z For Sale: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Market...-42500-TN.aspx

Last edited by C4Ray; 10-16-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-16-2014   #16
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Ray View Post
Another Competition Yellow Z For Sale: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Market...-42500-TN.aspx
This car is way over priced,for that money Ive seen basically new 95s.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #17
KILLSHOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Ray View Post
Thanks Jeff, but the Orlando 94' Z has 48,000 miles - Not 18,000.

So the Dunn Heads thing is no big deal. Thanks for clarifying.
Just a clarification: my statement regarding the Dunn heads was relative to value, not performance. A car with 2 Dunn heads is always going to be more valuable to a collector, and the 95 in Texas is clearly going to be purchased by a collector.

Also, just to add to what B17 Crew stated above, the owner of the Orlando car calls it "perfect" in the ad. Personally, I get really shaky whenever anybody calls anything "perfect," especially a 20-year old car with 48,000 miles. If it was me, I would absolutely SHRED the car right in front of the guy. Pick apart every single nut and bolt and question his "perfect" car again and again. Buts that's just me.
Old 10-16-2014   #18
C4Ray
Banned
BANNED

Thanks a lot fellas - I very much appreciate the feedback.
Old 10-16-2014   #19
Meanmyz

No offense Killshots, but I would not tear apart that guy's "pride and joy" in front of him. It sounds like the '94 is close to you, so go look at it.

I think I would look seriously at the '94. It sounds like a nice car, and if it is, it will be one you can drive and enjoy. Being able to drive a car and keeping it nice aren't mutually exclusive, but it would be kind of a shame to start driving the '95 (putting lots of miles on it) in my own opinion.
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #20
KILLSHOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmyz View Post
No offense Killshots, but I would not tear apart that guy's "pride and joy" in front of him. It sounds like the '94 is close to you, so go look at it.

I think I would look seriously at the '94. It sounds like a nice car, and if it is, it will be one you can drive and enjoy. Being able to drive a car and keeping it nice aren't mutually exclusive, but it would be kind of a shame to start driving the '95 (putting lots of miles on it) in my own opinion.
I may be alone in this but when you call a car "perfect", you're inviting an extraordinary amount of scrutiny. A buyer must only find ONE flaw to prove his description to be a complete exaggeration. Call it anything you want, just don't call it "perfect."