ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-02-2016   #31
steve1263

Default Re: First car show and just huh.......

I belong to the Stuart Corvette Club here in Florida. Each year the club has a show and in each of the last three years my '91 has placed in the top 15 SCC member cars which are voted on by only the non member participants. Non SCC club member cars are judged in a separate category by a team of SCC member judges. This is the show poster I put together and display at each show so everyone knows exactly what they are looking at and of course the hood is always open.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHOW POSTER cc.jpg (229.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg sjbzr11263h.jpg (135.1 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by steve1263; 06-02-2016 at 03:13 AM.
steve1263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016   #32
Racinfan83

^^^ I LOVE the poster you have!
And yes that is how most shows here are - the club that puts on the show judges all the non member cars separately. The non members judge the local club cars. Which is pretty fair. I have been a judge myself - we have an actual NCCC judging sheet we go off of so that everything gets looked at on every car. Cleanliness is the main thing. We have had cars that were so nice they tied - and then we go look at things like inside fuel door etc. Not cleaning that could mean difference between 1st and 2nd. I am always in stock class. Most shows here allow up to 3 modifications before kicking you in with the Modified class. Of course what they can't see they don't need to know about either.
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016   #33
rush91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetman View Post
I'm gong to take my z to an all corvette show and dinner at the Chevrolet dealer Saturday June 10. This is a display board I put on the windshield at shows and usually generates a number of comments. If you would like the text on the board email me at seamonsj@gmail.com and I will send it to you attached.
Attachment 5299
Thanks! I wanted to make something like that, instead just printed up a sheet to tape on my window....I'll get a break here at work today hopefully and email you on this.....Thanks again.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016   #34
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1263 View Post
I belong to the Stuart Corvette Club here in Florida. Each year the club has a show and in each of the last three years my '91 has placed in the top 15 SCC member cars which are voted on by only the non member participants. Non SCC club member cars are judged in a separate category by a team of SCC member judges. This is the show poster I put together and display at each show so everyone knows exactly what they are looking at and of course the hood is always open.
Nice look with the rims....What size rims are those? you have the specs?
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016   #35
steve1263

The wheels are American Torque Thrusts 17X11 36 offset rear and 17X9.5 54 offset front, the same as the stock sawblades
Old 06-02-2016   #36
efnfast

I still have some of these
http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....ht=show+poster
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016   #37
Riviera

When Tripler and I got our 95 Polo Green in April of this year we decided No Judged Car Shows. We've been to enough of them with his 1975 Kawasaki Triple which is stock gorgeous to know that it's whoever has the most friends with them who wins. Our car is only going into one non judged show this year at the Vintage Air Museum in Hamilton, Ontario and we are doing this 'cause with a $5 dollar donation we can get her picture taken beside some pretty cool aircraft including a Lancaster Bomber.
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016   #38
carter200

[QUOTE=Riviera;243481 We've been to enough of them with his 1975 Kawasaki Triple which is stock gorgeous to know that it's whoever has the most friends with them who wins.[/QUOTE]

Is it the 500 or 750 model? The H1 was very fast but the H2 was in it's own world...........

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016   #39
Riviera

It is the 500. Tripler bought it new in 1975. It spent several years languishing in his Mum's barn. In 2010 he started a ground up restoration. Other than having the original tank repainted and the frame powder coated he did all the other work himself including putting the entire frame in a discarded bathtub and using a amazing product called Evaporust. It is gorgeous and "goes like stink".
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote